Creepy Guy at Gym

Options

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    So you're bothered that he is... Near you?

He hasn't even said anything to you?

You are easily creeped.
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Why not just ask the guy if he needs something? Maybe he wants to ask you out and once he finds out you're married, he'll back off. And if not, ask him to please give you some personal space. No harm in asking first before you disrupt your whole schedule to get away from him!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Maybe he has Asperger's or Autism, something that makes him awkward around other people. Does he ever look you in the eye or talk to you? He just may not know how to act appropriately. He could also just be a really big creeper.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Maybe one of your co-workers would be willing to join you? Male or female, you'd probably feel more comfortable if someone else was there...
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I would just tell him off!!! Did that recently to a guy at the gym who was making kissy face at me while I was on the eliptical and I also told the gym manager but mine happened at Work Out Anytime not a company gym.
  • amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt really worry until he starts coming up behind you and sniffing your kneck and saying in a deep voice mmmmmmm...anything before that hes harmless
    omg hahahahaha, wicked creepo
  • faylenechung
    faylenechung Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm with the person who said eat the gassy foods.LMBO

On a serious note, I would tell him he is making you uncomfortable and ask him if he could stop following you.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    Why don't you just tell him that you don't like to be stalked, and that he needs to stop following you.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    If he's not pulling out his junk........he's harmless
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    I don't think you're overreacting. You have every right to suspect Mr. Jeepers Creepers. Now HERE'S what you need to do. Eat some cabbage BEFORE you go to the gym and then when your body starts to "function", just let er rip! :laugh:
  • BadCookieMonster
    Options
    If i where you i would put him on the spot.. call him out on it. You don't have to be aggressive about it, just simply ask him what his deal is, and why he feels the need to follow your every move.
  • mamnboston
    mamnboston Posts: 81
    Options
    There was this creepy guy at my gym who always managed to be within eye sight of me no matter what part of the gym I was working out and my gym is big, congested and has two levels. I thought I was being paranoid until I told my trainer about it and he verified my concerns. Turns out, this creepy guy was engaging in this type of behavior with other women at the gym, following them around, trying to engage in conversation, jumping on machine next to these women...so gross. The manager of the gym confronted the creep because a number of other women started making complaints. He was asked to end his membership and leave the gym. You should say something to the gym manager. It's harrassing behavior.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Eat some foods that will make you really gassy and fart a lot while you exercise and see if that does anything to deter him. :laugh:
    Lol! And eat a TON of garlic!
    Seriously, do you have somebody at work who can workout with you? Safety in numbers.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    But honestly, he probably just doesn't quite know what to do so he's following you in hopes of getting a good work out :).

This. But I'll leave you alone since it's bugging you.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    "Can I help you?" Opens a conversation to see what he's thinking and a way to ask him to leave you alone. Good luck!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    The problem with talking to him is that I don't talk while I'm working out. I put in my ear buds, crank the music and do my workout. I have limited time to do 4 miles, abs, and 10 - 15 of yoga.

And there are other people in the gym, especially on class days, and they work out right next to me, too, but their schedule doesn't exactly match mine and they are not always right next to me.

I probably should just ignore it but, I hate to say it, I'm actually considering the cabbage thing. I really like the time of day I do my workout because it fits well into my meal plans. I don't want to have to change it.
  • bigdogc23
    bigdogc23 Posts: 66
    Options
    Ok so here is what you do. If it's just you two most of the time then no harm except to him lol. As someone else said, eat something to make you really gassy. Don't hold back, let it rip baby!!! Also burp loudly all the time but never look at him, just do it like it's natural. Don't wear deodarant for a couple of days, you need to smell natural..... Hopefully he isn't in to that. Now here is the kicker, this should really finish the job. Start scratching your crotch and butt, constantly. Again, don't look in his direction, just do it as if it's no big deal. If that doesn't work for you, then I don't know what to tell you. This guy really has the hots for you and you may want to switch gyms... Good luck...
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Eat some foods that will make you really gassy and fart a lot while you exercise and see if that does anything to deter him. :laugh:

LOL!!!!:laugh:
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Broccoli here I come!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just be careful of one thing. When I was in college I did my internship with a local police department. I rode one night with a cop who told me how when he was a rookie he rode one night with his training officer and all night long the guy was farting and it smelled. He went home and ate a bunch of boiled eggs, drank some whiskey, ate some other things to make sure he would have bad enough gas he could gag a maggot that night. Then he showed up to work and his training officer had called in sick so he had to ride with another officer. They had to drive with the windows down that night and it was in the dead of winter.
  • Nelliebird1430
    Options
    Yikes! No thank you! Has he heard of the "Personal Bubble??" LOL