HRM Pressie Dilema!

Options
For my birthday i'd asked family to either get me sports stuff or money towards sports stuff....my hubby got me a HRM (yes!) but only a basic model & not one i'd been hinting at (noooo)...so my question is do i send it back & get the one i wanted or keep it & tell him it's perfect? I know it sounds ungrateful but you know when you just REALLY want something bad :ohwell:

Replies

• healthieryou
    Options
    Tell him that it did not track your heart rate then get the one that you want.
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My husband says send it back. He said your husband will want you to have the one that works best for you! If he loves you enough to get it for you in the first place, he will be fine.
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    I would swap it out for the one you want. Something like a HRM needs to be good if you really wanna track your fitness levels and such. But I would also suggest for future presents to just let him know which one you want. :smile:
  • Vitamin_K
    Vitamin_K Posts: 47
    Options
    Just tell him it does not do everything that you need it to & that you would like to try a more recommended one. Just be sure that he knows you are very excited that you got it, but want to be able to have one that does what you need it to.
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    Send it back and get the one you want. I was in this exact situation at Christmas time, my husband bought me a very basic HRM when I'd wanted one with a chest strap that tracked calorie burn. I pretended that I loved it, but it was kind of worthless for what I wanted, so I ended up replacing it in a month or so, but by then, I'd lost the receipt for the one he sent me, so now it just lays on my desk. It's better to return it.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Get the one u want!
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Say it's broken and you pick the replacement?
  • bstrongerlennox
    bstrongerlennox Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is a good lesson for me. I've been hinting relentlessly to my husband and other family membera that I'd like one, but I will not be okay with one that doesn't have a chest strap and track burned calories. Apparently, "hints" aren't going to cut it...I'll have to be very clear about what I want!

Tell your husband the truth. If he's as supportive of your fitness routine as my husband is - he'll want you to have the one that suits you best. And the fact that he bought it for you in the first place suggests that he supports your efforts very much.
  • SmudgerSmithRhino
    Options
    You're a woman he's probably expecting you to change it!

If he's never bought one before he was probably unsure what to get, be honest and tell him you NEED the better more expensive one! Flutter your eye lids as well its always hard to resist that!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Women tend to care about the thought put into a present and would be more likely to be offended/insulted/depressed by you returning it.

Guys only care that you are happy and that you have what you want. He would want you to return it and as a side bonus he may pay better attention next time...
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    I've always thought that honesty is always the best policy so I was brave, and confessed it wasn't the one i had my heart set on - so he said to send it back get the one i really wanted :happy: its all good & he wasn't the slightest bit offended!