200 cal left for dinner

Options
2»

Replies

• katunder
    katunder Posts: 41
    Options
    thank you all for your replies. I try not to eat my exercise calories back, and will be OK if I slightly go over today. ;)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Go for a half hour walk, log it. And make yourself a healthy whole foods dinner when you get back.

You could have fish and veggies. Chicken and rice (and beans), a salad with grilled chicken.

YUM>
  • ImpishScoundrel
    Options
    Egg white omelet with reduced fat cheese and fresh veggies (spinach, mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc). Then with a side of steamed broccoli or some fresh fruit!
    This is a typical meal for me when I've already overdone it for the day ;-)

this is funny, I thought about that and just posted this:

I just noticed that cooked veggies are double (if not triple) in calories than raw veggies. Why is that? So the two egg omelet with mushrooms/spinach/bell peppers becomes a high cal food.

Cooking the vegetables breaks down the plant fibers making them easier to digest, thus increasing the calories. I noticed that also when I started researching these so called "Negative Calorie" foods.
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    Egg white omelet with reduced fat cheese and fresh veggies (spinach, mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc). Then with a side of steamed broccoli or some fresh fruit!
    This is a typical meal for me when I've already overdone it for the day ;-)

this is funny, I thought about that and just posted this:

I just noticed that cooked veggies are double (if not triple) in calories than raw veggies. Why is that? So the two egg omelet with mushrooms/spinach/bell peppers becomes a high cal food.

Even if they aren't cooked in any fat, cooked veggies are more calories for the simple fact that they are lower in water content and are now "concentrated". You can test it. Measure out a cup of raw baby carrots, cook them, then measure them again. They will be much less than a cup, probably more like 1/2 cup.

And on to the original topic -

I do all kinds of low cal meals for when I've gone over.
    -Sandwich on thin bread with lean meat, mustard, and lettuce/tomato/onion, etc, then have a side of sugar snap peas or baby carrots.
    -You can make a filling bowl of oatmeal with 1/2 c fruit.
    -1 c nonfat plain greek yogurt with 1 c strawberries
    -Egg white frittata or omelette with homemade home fries with no added fat
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is pretty filliing
  • blakin
    blakin Posts: 5
    Options
    This looks delish! And poster says is 171 calories!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/601350-coconut-curry-chicken
    (maybe for a different day though--it's a crockpot recipe)
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    5 oz. of boneless skinless chicken breast and 1 cup of spinach ~ 188 calories. How about burning some more calories today so you'll have a wider variety of foods to choose from?
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    1c. cheerios + 1/2 c. skim milk + 1 Tablespoon raisins :love:
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    tuna sprinkled with garlic mixed with tomato wrapped in lettuce .... if one day you go over 50 or 100 calories it won't be the end of the world. I have my cheat day once a week and I go over my calories sometimes as well... as long as food is healthy ( no ice cream or candy bars ) I don't feel bad :)
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    200 calories is a whole lot of Fish or Chicken and veggies. Enjoy!
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!!!
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    fish and veggies! use good seasoning to give yourself some big flavor :)

i like tilapia with cajun seasoning and garlic + peppers, onions, and black beans. little bit of guac if you can squeeze it in!
  • kimmieMcF
    kimmieMcF Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    sometimes I'll eat a lot of veggies with a whole table spoon of butter. The butter fills me up and it takes a lot of most veggies to get to 100 calories. Sometimes I make a soup out of frozen winter squash - curry powder and butter. Also tuna salad with tomatos fills me up and you could come close if your careful. Good luck, I do that all the time.