Is exercise fully a part of your lifestyle now?

Options
2»

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    It's definately part of my life now. It feels weird for me to take a day off of SOME form of exercise, so I rarely do. If I have an "off" day, I'm still doing house work, running up and down stairs doing laundry, etc. So yes, I'd say it's a normal part of my life now. Am I obsessed with it? No...it's just normal for me.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely obsessed with exercise now. Even standing at the printer at work today I was doing calf raises. It is a part of my life and also a part of my kids' and husband's lives also.
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yes. Husband finally jumped on the bandwagon too! Started years ago, with cardio machines and weights, slacked off for a few years (a pregnancy thrown in there) but then went back the minute I had clearance to go after baby. Started again with cardio machines until I felt ready to go to classes, then tried them all (almost lol). Did alot of Zumba because it was fun. I had a few friends that I was going to the Y with at night, mostly classes. Started running on the indoor track and went farther and farther! When I got to 5 miles I signed up for a half marathon! :). I have done 5ks and 1 10k before this year but never trained so therefore didn't do very good. Next, Lost workout buddies: one went away for the summer and the other moved away so I decided that I was going to workout in the early mornings before my husband goes to work! (I work from home). Now I run Monday, Wednesday, and one other day depending on if I am doing a race, I am in a bootcamp on Tuesday mornings, Group Power (weightlifting) on Thursday mornings, and when I don't have a race I do Zumba and group power on Saturday mornings. I also fit some biking in there so I usually workout six days a week and feel like a lazy *** the day I don't work out! I LOVE IT!
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am running 5-7 miles plus an hour in the pool at least 5 days a week. A bit much, but the weight came off. Since I reached my goal I thoiught I would ease up but for some reason I feel I can't stop! If I don't work out I feel antsy and it seems I have too much extra energy that I don't quite know what to do with. Besides I bought some nice running outfits and I wouldn't want then to go to waste lol!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Besides I bought some nice running outfits and I wouldn't want then to go to waste lol!
    Now that is funny. Awesome reason to keep running each day.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    When I don't exercise I feel jumpy and like I can't sit still. Almost like my muscles are itchy. I think today is the first time in months that I actually did not *want* to exercise, and that's only because I'm feeling so miserable with my toothache.

ETA: Just read a post that hits it on the head -- yes, ANTSY is the word!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    It's part of my lifestyle and I love it!! Been exercising regularly since I was 19 years old...I'm 53 now. You rest you rust!!!
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's a lifestyle. It's hard to take a day off. There are certain days that I don't like; leg day. The results are all worth it!
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    yes! at the beginning of everyday i plan what exercise i shall do and when i shall do it! love it! it is no longer a chore or obligation anymore!
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    It's a way of life for me now.. Sometimes when I go for a few days without working out I feel like crap.

Maybe this is why I feel so bad, I was working out 6 days a week for like 90 days.... and I have worked out for 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel awful!
  • healthyfityoga
    Options
    I wish it was! Im still struggling :(
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    When I started exercising, I struggled to find time to exercise. Now that I've been working out solidly for over four months, it's as much a part of my life as eating. I'll work it in any way I can. If I have to wake up at 4:30am to exercise, I'll do it. I'm currently doing Insanity and I am in love with the program. I keep looking for the next exercise or running program to try.

I'd hate to say I'm obsessed (OBSESSED: An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.), but sometimes I think I'm pretty close. I hate the feeling when I have to miss a regular scheduled exercise. I just feel whole when I am done working out. I have truly never felt better in my life and missing one day sometimes scares me into thinking that I'll lose the rhythm.

If you are like so many of us who have struggled in the beginning, keep with it! It does get easier and it does become routine and somewhat addicting. It's SO life changing.

HEAR HEAR! Me too!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly more active now in my life, then I have ever have before in my life. I have done more things in a short amount of time then before. Total difference between night and day in my changes that I'm making now. A main change in my life.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Yes- it is!

I will admit that as a result of this, my life has not been quite as exciting as it used to be (also, graduating college plays a factor into that as well LOL). I'm the type of person who loves to do things spur-of-the-moment, and I think the best things are the ones you don't expect. I usually work out from 7-8:30pm on weeknights, and then by the time I am done, I am tired, sweaty and gross. I feel like I've had to decline a lot of random invitations and have missed out on a lot of my adventures because this limits me. Unlike men, I can't just quickly hop in the shower and freshen up...my hair and makeup take FOREVER!!! So maybe being a bit high maintenance is also part to blame. Once I have lost more weight and only need to workout to maintain my weight opposed to lose weight, I can incorporate some more spontaneity.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Running and lifting have always been part of my lifestyle. I was deluded in thinking that since I ran every day, I could eat whatever I wanted. MFP keeps me accountable.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Exercise was always a part of my lifestyle - even at my very heaviest. I kind of proved the point that you can't out-exercise a bad diet. If you're really enjoying the exercise, I wouldn't worry about that changing. It never has for me! I've been a regular exerciser since I was a kid - and I'm 40 now. :-)

I agree with this - I've been a regular exerciser since my teens & I'm 60 now. A lifetime of activity & exercise has played its part in undoing some of the damage from my overeating, I hope.

"I kind of proved the point that you can't out-exercise a bad diet." That's it in a nutshell.
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm loving all these posts!! Great posts everyone. For those still struggling, keep fighting. It will become routine. It's worth the struggle, the pain, to have the outcome of feeling energetic nearly everyday, ready for the next workout.

Very motivating posts guys and gals!!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all these posts!! Great posts everyone. For those still struggling, keep fighting. It will become routine. It's worth the struggle, the pain, to have the outcome of feeling energetic nearly everyday, ready for the next workout.

Very motivating posts guys and gals!!

I'm getting there! I've gone 13/14 days, though sad to think I might have to take off tomorrow because my legs hurt so bad.
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I lost my job a year ago. I'm a RN so I was on my feet for 8 hrs a day. I have stayed home ever since. I use to drive to Tim Hortons for coffee when it was a three minute walk. I was LAZY.
    I started in October with a gym membership. I went everyday for an hour. I have cut back because I think it was counter productive to my weight loss. I just bought a treadmill.
    I now am a fitness freak. Doing an hour to two hours of exercise a day.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I am *obsessed*, but I do find that I tend to crave my workout time. I currently go to the gym 3-4 times a week.

This is me too! Although I am pondering going 5x a week (for mostly short workouts)