Looking for friends, any vegetarians out there?

Options
Hello everyone! I joined this site quite some time ago and used it occasionally. I finally decided it was time to get my weight under control. My name is Melissa I'm 27 years old. I'm married to my high school sweetheart and we have a 9 year old son and 4 year old daughter. I'm a stay at home mom and have found that quite challenging in losing weight because I always find myself thinking about food so I just head to the kitchen and eat. I'm vegetarian (have been for 22 years) and need to lose 30 lbs. I haven't been eating well over the years but am now ready to start eating like a vegetarian should. I will be eating healthy grains, beans, nut, veggies and fruit. My biggest weakness are cheese and chocolate.

I started eating better and joined the gym yesterday. Did pretty good yesterday with eating and went to the join for a while.

I'm looking for friends on here to motivate and support me. I will be on here daily so I can do the same for you.

Replies

• mss_anthropy
    mss_anthropy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hellllooooooooo :) i'm Brandy, pescetarian.... more vegetarian than pescetarian because my boyfriend doesn't eat fish, and i refuse to cook to separate meals. My goal is to stay motivated long enough to lose 50lbs and to fight my "old lady" feeling with exercise. I eat as healthy as i can but i tend to put cheese and sour cream on almost everything, which kills the healthy aspect O_o.... but, i'm trying to do better.... and that's a start :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hello! Although I'm now a meat eater (I eat birds and seafood) I was a vegetarian for 24 years. I know how it is, people think you should be naturally thin from not eating meat but they forget all the other food out there LOL. Chocolate and cheese are big factors!
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 39 years old been vegetarian for over 20 years feel free to add my as a friend :)
  • somgrrrl
    somgrrrl Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi! I'm Summer and I've been a vegetarian for about 11 years! I'm new to the actual site/msg boards but have had the add on the phone for awhile. I've been a really bad vegetarian and I'm happy to find this site to track everything and tweak things! Feel free to add me! I can use all the support I can get. My biggest weakness is cheese also. =(
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a vegetarian (16 months). Feel free to add me.
  • Cheryl4726
    Cheryl4726 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi, I've been a vegetarian for about 10 yrs now, feel free to add me if you want. I'm on here every day. I've never eaten that well, but since joining MFP I've got better, still have chocolate, but not as much, and have added fruit to my diet, one step at a time, but I've lost 26lbs in all so far, so I'm getting something right
    Good luck with your journey :flowerforyou:
  • Chessie28804
    Chessie28804 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello - I've been vegetarian for 7 years. If you have any questions let me know! Good luck!!!!