Anyone Doing INSANITY WORKOUT????

Options

Replies

• Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love the program :) I'm in week 4 right now and still loving it!
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    What is insanity workout?

yeah, what is this? desperate to know!!
  • anwilson_83
    Options
    i am starting my second week of insanity tomorow. i already see a difference in how much i can do though i still am not able to go through a whole workout without extra breaks. but i love it so far! anybody who wants feel free to add me i need all the motivation i can get! we can motivate each other :)
  • JessicaJoy74
    Options
    It is an intense 60 day workout plan that is said to "transform your body." It is made by "Beach Body" which makes P90X and Slim in Six. My daughter has the Insanity system, and I made it through the fit test... that's all I chose to do! I really think it is made more for people who are already in shape and want to get more definition. That's what I know about it!
  • anwilson_83
    Options
    its an extreme workout. 60 day program from beachbody. http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity
  • hungryhungryhypocrite
    hungryhungryhypocrite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    it's an extremely high intensity intervail training workout routine. You follow it's schedule and it's super killer. It comes with like 12 or 13 dvds and a calendar telling you which dvd to do that day.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I ordered the Insanity: Fast and Furious Max results workout dvd on Amazon and fell in love with Shaun T's style and the instensity of the workout. I orderd the full Insanity 60 day program and am planning to start Monday.

Question for those that have done it before or are in the middle of it. I'm looking to do it 5 days a week instead of the 6 days the schedule calls for. Has anyone modified it? I'm not sure if I should skip the midweek recovery day and just do the other 5 more intense days each week or if I should do every day and just do them on my own schedule but have it take longer than 60 days. Thoughts? Also, I'll be away for a week of it (during the second month). I'm not bringing it on vacation so while I'll be active I won't be doing the Insanity workouts that week. Will this be a problem? Can I just jump back where I left off when I get back? Vacation isn't until the end of July/beginnin of August and I don't want to put off starting the program that long.

Thanks!!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Also, did everyone take before weight, measurements, pictures, etc? I really want that shirt once I finish! :)
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Insanity.. That *kitten* is Bananas Yo!! hahah

I'm currently on the 4th week. Every time in front of my TV I want to spit on and yell at Shaun T. Every time in front of the mirror I want to thank him.

I've been pushing hard. Is it weird that now I love the high knees? I used to hate them, but after two weeks I can push through those like crazy. Still hate the power jumps though.

This program has me rockin the quadzilla look. Everything else is tighter in these four weeks. I've also begun to incorporate cardio abs everyday into the Insanity routine.

I've also heard from friends that have completed this program that month two is when you really start to see changes. Can't wait
  • kritney
    kritney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting this week. Took the Fit Test and now I'm ready to go. Can't wait to see how much I change in 60 days!
  • Nutrition1975
    Options
    I am doing my 3rd round of Insanity - I got a group of women of 6 ladies together we are all doing Insanity together for motivation and for support. This is a great workout - I also completed 20 weeks of Turbo Fire too - Beachbody has awesome workouts!!!
  • Janicey7
    Janicey7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity as well, I actually love it! Even though I feel like my body's gonna give up afterwards haha it is so intense and awesome.
  • sharyalick
    sharyalick Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    what a relief to read that results are mostly yielded in the 2nd month. i was concerned that the only results i'd had was 1 lbs loss and 0.5 inch off waist and hips. And i'm on week 4 day 2 !! do your female friends have any advice ?! :S
  • sharyalick
    sharyalick Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Insanity.. That *kitten* is Bananas Yo!! hahah

I'm currently on the 4th week. Every time in front of my TV I want to spit on and yell at Shaun T. Every time in front of the mirror I want to thank him.

I've been pushing hard. Is it weird that now I love the high knees? I used to hate them, but after two weeks I can push through those like crazy. Still hate the power jumps though.

This program has me rockin the quadzilla look. Everything else is tighter in these four weeks. I've also begun to incorporate cardio abs everyday into the Insanity routine.

I've also heard from friends that have completed this program that month two is when you really start to see changes. Can't wait

what a relief to read that results are mostly yielded in the 2nd month. i was concerned that the only results i'd had was 1 lbs loss and 0.5 inch off waist and hips. And i'm on week 4 day 2 !! do your female friends have any advice ?! :S
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    SO the second month is where you get the loss.. Something to look forward too.. I am redoing month one.. i know i can dig deeper so i am. :)

I also love a video that shows people who are in better shape then you having as much trouble as you. I like that.
  • outlaw5353
    outlaw5353 Posts: 50
    Options
    its great my 2 mile time has dropped by a whole min my posture is better ive lost an 2 inches off my stomach and my posture is better plus i see more def in my stomach as well not a six pack but more of my ribs are showing but lost 15 pounds with dieting doing insnaity and running every morning 2 more weeks and im done will post pics then but im telling you the second month is where u really tone up maybe not like the adds but second round most def
  • myjetta3
    myjetta3 Posts: 12
    Options
    I started Insanity last week. This is my second round, I wasnt very dedicated last time and did not make it past the first week! I cant do all the stuff, but I feel the burn and sweat my butt off thats for sure!
  • mrmv
    mrmv Posts: 95
    Options
    I just bought it for something extra to do...but chickened out!! Have not started it yet!
  • shondaj81
    shondaj81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've completed a round or two of insanity...started asylum and didn't finish it. My apartment is too small for Asylum! I would love to start the program again with you guys! Good luck and stay motivated!!!
  • Uglyduckling2swan
    Options
    I did one class and I am experiencing severe calves pain. I have been rolling them out using a foam roller. I want to start again because strangely, it is addictive.