5 week plateau -- have I messed up my metabolism?

Options
2»

Replies

• JannieWyatt
    Options
    Look into anearobic exercises the jumpstart your metabolism. Start with jumping jacks, squats, high kicks (right toe to left hand etc), for more google "anerobic exercises". Hang in there and good luck!

Jannie
  • eden2004
    eden2004 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I don't have a heartrate monitor or Bodybugg. I do want a Fitbit but I question its accuracy.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I don't have a heartrate monitor or Bodybugg. I do want a Fitbit but I question its accuracy.

I lost all of my weight without a HRM, BodyBugg or even a FitBit. It is definitely possible to do without buying any of these. :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I lost all of my weight without a HRM, BodyBugg or even a FitBit. It is definitely possible to do without buying any of these. :)

It is, yes, but if you're in plateau it's easier to get a fuller picture with a better estimate of output. While not a necessity, they are very handy tools if you can afford one.

I know a few of my mfp's have traded in their bugg for a fitbit. I have a Polar HRM (one of the more expensive), and had better success with it than without it. If I were upgrading I'd probably go with another HRM because I'd like to have GPS tracking and staticstics for my runs. If you're going to get a bugg, fitbit, or HRM do your research and get one that you'll be happy with for the long term. If you get it and it's not what you want, don't be afraid to send it back.
  • eden2004
    eden2004 Posts: 34
    Options
    A heart rate monitor is only to use when working out, right? While a Fitbit is for an all day perspective on what you're burning? How is it with cardio exercise? I've been looking at a Fitbit off and on but not sure if is worth it.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure the point of a fitbit? It seems to me you can get a HRM with a footpod to do the same thing.
    Also there is some new gadget from Nike called Fuel or something?
  • jerijett
    jerijett Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Fitbit user here and love it. If you are hitting the gym often and doing lots of workouts I think a HRM could be useful to tell you each burn. I don't get gym time as a SAHM so the fitbit tells me what I am actually burning for the whole day. How many stairs I have climbed..etc. I researched all the options and prices. You have to pick what you think will work for you and also what you are willing to actually "wear" all day long.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Try this site to get your numbers..It's great:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Also check out this link on plateau - Many people talk about eating at maintenance from 2-4wks for a 'diet break' then reduce your cals to your cut amount which is usually TDEE - 15% or so....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/612201-this-tip-by-jillian-michaels-killed-my-plateau
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Bump