I don't know what to do...(nothing to do with weightloss)

Options
2»

Replies

• doh8302
    doh8302 Posts: 9
    Options
    I hear your frustrations. I lasted 3 months at a place very similar to the sound of this place. I just walked out one day, quit and didn't look back. Stress isn't good for anyone especially if you are trying to lose weight. I know it's awful quitting but is any job worth your happiness? I don't think so. I agree with other posts-best time to look for a job is when you already have one and call the other places that offered you jobs and see if they are still available. If all else fails, look for a new job.:smile:
  • xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    Holy CRAP I wish I lived in Indiana. Now I am totally by myself. I am in Florida. Legally I can have 20 four year olds by myself. And no I do not agree with that at all! I think anything over 11 is way too many,...
    What state do you live in? Here in Indiana you can only have 7 kids under the age of 5 per one adult. Do you have a teaching assistant in your classroom? 18 seems way too high for that age group for you to get much accomplished.

I would bring this up to your boss, and check the rules and regulations of your state.
  • xoalyssaox
    Options
    it's not an actual VPK program, it's a VPK boot camp class (the parents are paying).. When fall gets here it goes back down to 10 to 1 ratio for VPK, but since it's summer they use the DCF ratios which is 1 to 20 for 4 yr olds
    What state do you live in? Here in Indiana you can only have 7 kids under the age of 5 per one adult. Do you have a teaching assistant in your classroom? 18 seems way too high for that age group for you to get much accomplished.

I would bring this up to your boss, and check the rules and regulations of your state.

She's in Florida and I happen to work for the department of the state that regulates the program she's working for. VPK is a little different than daycare, but unless something changed and I didn't hear about it (unlikely), there should be a second teacher in that classroom and the provider can have its funding pulled of there isn't.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Then it is private pre-k, not VPK.
  • xoalyssaox
    Options
    Sry I didn't specify, they offered me VPK in the fall... Right now I am doing VPK boot camp to get the kids ready for fall
    Then it is private pre-k, not VPK.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying. I was starting to think we were going to have to do a special review of Brevard and I hate special reviews.
  • xoalyssaox
    Options
    LOL. Nah it's all legal, but I don't necessarily
    agree with the ratios. I think 20 is way to high for 4 year olds~!
    Thanks for clarifying. I was starting to think we were going to have to do a special review of Brevard and I hate special reviews.