I've turned into a fat lazy #$%^

Options
It seems lately that I have fallen off the wagon.

With the increased amount of time I have been playing ball this summer, I find myself dipping towards the frozen easy fix meals between work and games, Drinking beers before, during and after the game, over-eating cause i'm drunk after the games, not hitting the gym and just overall not caring anymore. I had the greatest motivation in the world after I broke up with my girlfriend because I wanted to show her and everyone else that I wasn't an ugly pile of **** but now that I don't care about her anymore and I seem to be happy and free I just havent been as motivated as I used to be. I still stay active and whatever and have still lost a substantial amount of weight, but I don't wanna give up, I don't wanna get off track and be fat again.

I have alot of great motivating friends on MFP that help me feel good when I workout and eat well and so forth and I can't thank them enough. What i'm really looking for is someone to be a personal trainer/online workout buddy type person to me. Someone who I can PM back and forth to discuss my workout plans, interact and compete with, Someone who I can tell that I drank 13 beers last night after ball and ruined my diet with mcdonalds and they jump my *kitten* over it and make me feel guilty .

So with that being said, who wants a long distance workout buddy? :drinker:

Replies

• littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I can be! Hehe jk.. I'm no trainer :/ but I'm kind of in the same situation, I'm losing motivation. I used to want to get back at my ex, and now I just don't care :laugh:
    But I've been slacking for the past week or two, and I can tell the difference already. :/
    But I can make sure you workout, and make you feel guilty for drinking too many beers! :bigsmile:
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You should make a list of things you want to accomplish within the next month (i.e. run a full mile, take a 6mi hike, be able to do 20 perfect push-ups, etc.)

Put it in a place you're going to see it everyday! It will keep you motivated to go to the gym and make healthier choices.

Also, try to abstain from drinking for just one night after a game. You might be surprised to find that you don't need to engage in fat-embracing activities with everyone else. :)
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i'm down! Doing exercise and getting in shape to get back at an ex wont work for long, because your right, you get over it! Do it for you, do it so you can say you did it and feel great! I can kick your butt if you like!
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If you're going to do this; do it for yourself, not to prove something to others.

Love your body it's the only one you have, treat it well.

Drinking = making stupid choices

Eating too much

Losing motivation

Depression

Laziness

Get out of your rut!

Why can't people go out for a night of fun with their friends without drinking?
    I'd love to have a dollar for every time a man told me he was bored, so would go drinking.

There's so much more than this ugly habit.
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    Why can't people go out for a night of fun with their friends without drinking?
    I'd love to have a dollar for every time a man told me he was bored, so would go drinking.

There's so much more than this ugly habit.

We are sponsored by a bar and our agreement was when we win games we go and get free pitchers on the house being the captain I have to go regardless to show them the book and etc etc because it's a pretty competative league. I have gone some nights and havent drank but most night we play darts and I just can't stop myself. It's a NSV I need to work on but I'm not going there to get drunk on purpose, it's just a social interaction that gets in the way of my fitness.
  • mbatey
    mbatey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I set myself a long term goal this year and even with small losses planned I also found I would do a little and drink it back again.
    I'm with you as I would also like to compare with people in similar situations.

Im the big 40 this year and want to be enjoying my journey with accomplishments rather than looking behind with regrets!!

I like what mlewon added;
    (You should make a list of things you want to accomplish within the next month (i.e. run a full mile, take a 6mi hike, be able to do 20 perfect push-ups, etc.)) :happy:

Anyone feel free to add me!

Malc
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I dont drink i never have liked the taste i dont smoke or do drugs. And drinking can give people cravins. But dont lose hope i have lost motivation before and if you stop on your fitness journey, you'll regret it everyone does. So fight through it! As far as competition and someone to compete with im extremly competitive, Im no personal trainer but im fit and active i just wanna get stronger so if you think you wanna bring it, LETS DO IT! ;)
  • Puggy33
    Options
    It's already been broughteneded lol
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel...when I first started, it was to get back at an ex. Needless to say, after a few months, I gave up because I didn't care about him anymore. Now I want to be able to live a happy, healthy life with my husband who is currently at BMT for the Air Force. It feels great to do this for myself and make all this little strides towards a bigger goal! Feel free to add me for support! If you want me to be honest and kick your butt, I can do that!
  • Scott_Parkinson
    Scott_Parkinson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I do that every now and again. The important thing to remember is that you are actually allowed to live, eat crap and have fun from time to time. The important thing is to get back on track and keep working at it.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Happyness! ahh the guaranteed weight loss killer.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    If you need a PM work out buddy, you can add me! Fair warning that I tell things like they are and will kick your *kitten* virtually if need be! We all need a kick in the pants everyday- I know I do, as I just came off a three week gym hiatus, but I am back at it and ready to get things going!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    You could come up with a compromise...are you logging your food? Plan on having a beer or two, or whatever when you go out, but log it. Make sure you eat enough while you're drinking, too.

And, for the summer, decide if you want to gain weight, lose weight, or maintain. It's okay not to lose for a period of time. I sometimes feel like I should continue losing, or I'm not successful, but the reality is it's work to lose and keep off the weight. So if you can keep it off and not regain, you're ahead of the game.

Good luck!
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Everything is fine in moderation. I hope you find a buddy to push you or at least find find the Drill Sargent in yourself to push through this. You can have it all.
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You're not fat or lazy--you play competitive men's league! That takes muscle and effort. We play in a slow pitch league, it's not THAT competitive, and I've still been sore the next day. :) You said you are happy now that you're over your girlfriend but you sound kinda defeated that you've fallen into some bad habits. So what do you REALLY want? Do you want to be strong and fit? Or do you want to be one of those guys that has a huge beer belly and can't make the triple because he lost steam on first? YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Here's my beer drinking tip (which I love beers and socializing but hate wasting my whole next day on a hangover)--I drink a couple because I enjoy them, but then I start filling the can or bottle with water every time I go to the bathroom. Then I can keep "drinking" with my friends but make good decisions because it doesn't lead to a drunk. Good luck!! I know you can do this!
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've been on this "journey" (I hate that phrase...) since mid-February. I am extremely competitive, and I think having a tool like MFP has allowed me to "keep score" at least against myself. I still indulge in the occasional beer, but not nearly as much as I used to!

Feel free to add me.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hey Pal.... I started to lose weight cos' I split up with my wife, last March, a year later I am back with my wife, after splitting up again over xmas 2011, the emotional rollercoaster was huge, I thought WTF if I'm gonna be single then I best get my *kitten* in gear to get myself a nice new lady friend.

I started walking a few miles a week, then walked to work everyday (9 miles a day),

I did stop dieting from August 11 to Ferburay 12 but this was cos I I went away with the Mrs on holiday and never got back on the horse.

Since Feb I've lost the gained weight and another 20/25 lbs, carried on walking AND now I run & have recently started martial arts.

Like you I used to do a lot of sports in my 20's and drunk loads, all I would say are two things.

1) Baby steps, don't just jump back on the horse and set of at a gallop
    2) Remember you've done it before, YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!!! and this time for you, no one else.

FYI

I've currently have 23lbs to lose after loosing 63lbs, after putting about 22lbs back on between August 11 & February 12.

Feel free to add me, I'm no personal trainer but always on here and love chatting rubbish to people.

PEACE
  • Puggy33
    Options
    I do a good job of logging my foods and beers and sadly by the end of the day I look at the red number and say "**** it" because i'm having such a good time that I don't care anymore.

Maybe if I actually embrace the lifestyle and learn that these are the choices I want and need to make, then the beer won't look as great to have because i'll be so focused on my fitness goals. Just trying to find my happy medium, discussing with you guys is helping alot because i'm not educated enough to know any better than to eat less and workout lol
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? 50 years? Do you think you'll live that long? Your behavior and your excuses are childish. However, it seems to me that you do not like the path your on. Let me know when you want to launch a new life on a less travelled path and I'll be happy to help.
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The less beer you drink, the less it takes to get a buzz.....juuuuuust sayin!