Dancing to loose weight?

A friend and I are wanting to do this but does it actually help? Any DVD's or video games for the wii recommendations would be appreciated!

Replies

• mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Zumba is a type of dancing. I have Zumba for Wii and it's a pretty good workout. Most gyms have Zumba too.
  • Zumba is a type of dancing. I have Zumba for Wii and it's a pretty good workout. Most gyms have Zumba too.

I've tried zumba and for some reason I just can't get into it like other dancing workouts. Thanks for the advice though! I'm glad it works for you! :happy:
  • baloney17
    baloney17 Posts: 73 Member
    Core Rythms work out DVDs have different styles of Latin Dance - Cha Cha, Samba, Salsa, Paso Doble, Swing, etc and you definitely work up a sweat. I also have a Dancing with the Stars DVD that I found at WalMart that I enjoy. For me I love Zumba and find going to a class much more intense and fun than the DVDs - this also depends on the instructor you get. Some are just better than others. Good luck - and hope you find something you enjoy!
  • baloney17
    baloney17 Posts: 73 Member
    Core Rythms work out DVDs have different styles of Latin Dance - Cha Cha, Samba, Salsa, Paso Doble, Swing, etc and you definitely work up a sweat. I also have a Dancing with the Stars DVD that I found at WalMart that I enjoy. For me I love Zumba and find going to a class much more intense and fun than the DVDs - this also depends on the instructor you get. Some are just better than others. Good luck - and hope you find something you enjoy!

Thank would be Core RHYTHMS - apparently being a music teacher doesn't help spelling a word that I teach all the time in my classroom - LOL!
  • jpoulsen2
    jpoulsen2 Posts: 65 Member
    I've done all the Dancing with the Stars dvds (fun at first but not overly challenging), Just Dance for the wii (can be a lot of fun and there's tons of these games), zumba (if you don't like the classes, you should still give the wii games or dvd's a shot, they're really different!), and my personal favorite is to find a style of dance you like and go out and take real classes. I like swing dancing so I've found classes and there's places to go out on the weekend too. Maybe you'd find you really like tap or salsa or who knows what! Lots of exploring to do! Good luck!
  • Core Rythms work out DVDs have different styles of Latin Dance - Cha Cha, Samba, Salsa, Paso Doble, Swing, etc and you definitely work up a sweat. I also have a Dancing with the Stars DVD that I found at WalMart that I enjoy. For me I love Zumba and find going to a class much more intense and fun than the DVDs - this also depends on the instructor you get. Some are just better than others. Good luck - and hope you find something you enjoy!

Thank would be Core RHYTHMS - apparently being a music teacher doesn't help spelling a word that I teach all the time in my classroom - LOL!

Never heard of core rhythms I think I might give it a shot!
    haha and its okay I can never spell rhythms right only reason I am is because you spelled it right! LOL(:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,851 Member
    Just Dance series and Michael Jackson Experience Are a great way to start moving, work up a sweat and lose weight without feeling like you're working out. Good luck on your journey :happy:
  • I've done all the Dancing with the Stars dvds (fun at first but not overly challenging), Just Dance for the wii (can be a lot of fun and there's tons of these games), zumba (if you don't like the classes, you should still give the wii games or dvd's a shot, they're really different!), and my personal favorite is to find a style of dance you like and go out and take real classes. I like swing dancing so I've found classes and there's places to go out on the weekend too. Maybe you'd find you really like tap or salsa or who knows what! Lots of exploring to do! Good luck!

I recently tried Just Dance at a friends house and definitely enjoyed it, while also getting the workout. I'll probably have to go out and buy it :) Thanks for the advice!
  • chewy1986
    chewy1986 Posts: 9
    Just Dance for wii. THe first time I really did it regularly I lost weight I stopped doing it for some reason but Im starting back doing it. We have the second and third one and I think the second one it better jmo though
  • BABBALOOSKYY
    BABBALOOSKYY Posts: 35 Member
    just dance 3, i also have zumba and i dont like it an jjust dance 3 is more fun. ;)