when will i see results??

i look around and see that just about everyone's ticker says how much weight they've lost and it is very encouraging. however, i'm wondering when i will begin to see results. i've only been at this for almost 3 weeks but don't see any results yet....but i feel energized so i guess thats a plus! any thoughts?

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Have you updated your weight on the site?

Or are you saying you haven't lost any weight at all in three weeks?
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Quick!!! Take photos and your measurements, immediately! The scale simply will not tell you the truth about your progress. Check my profile for before and during photos - I little movement on the scale and I never would have realized the progress I was making had I not had photos and measurements.

I will bet you have made progress already if you are really managing your nutrition and getting moving. It is just hard for you to see.
  • TRISTAR
    TRISTAR Posts: 105 Member
    Same here. I have however been assured, by a few people on here, that the losses can take some weeks to kick in.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Do your clothes feel a little looser? Mine did before I lost anything.
  • vltaylor35
    vltaylor35 Posts: 72
    ive been here for 3 months, lost 33 pounds and still dont see any difference at all! but i was about 80pounds overweight so i have alot to lose
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    It's hard to tell without know where you are. What is your current height and weight (SW) and your goal. Do you know your body fat? Do you have an exercise routine? Also, it depends on where the weight comes off first to where you will see the results. Now if you are more concerned with how your clothes fit and how much fat you lose, then you should be doing some heavy weight training as it's better for cutting fat.
  • tsmith1201
    tsmith1201 Posts: 31
    Thanks for all your replies it really helped! and i did actually take some before pics so i will compare those to current ones. Last week it seemed that i lost an inch but now it seems like ive gained it back! this is all so confusing but it sure helps to be a part of a supportive community!
  • tsmith1201
    tsmith1201 Posts: 31
    Have you updated your weight on the site?

Or are you saying you haven't lost any weight at all in three weeks?

it seems i havent lost any weight in 3 weeks