Are you CRAZY?

Options
13»

Replies

• rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 pounds by eating a net of just 1200 a day, but now that I've slowed down a bit with my weight loss, I've moved up to a net of 1350 and am still losing and still happy. What works for you may not work for everyone else.
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Idk it tends to work for me to be honest. I generally feel fine around 1000-1200 calories. It's definitely restrictive, but enough to keep me going, even when I do monster work outs. (Though eating back exercise calories in this case is a must)
  • Stace5
    Stace5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The most hilarious and dumb threads in these forums are when people become Judgy McJudgersons. Live and let live. I'll eat what I like and what works for me, you go ahead and do the same.

I've noticed the McJudgersons out there also seem to be diet and fitness experts as well..... where do you find the time ? LOL

Haha i love this post!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
    Hunter S. Thompson
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
    Hunter S. Thompson

So?? When do I get my first check???
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to this, started just before Xmas but It's off and on really becuase It's not feasible to follow this all the time.
    Anyway, Im scrolling through the topics and there are girls here saying that they aim for 1200 kcal a day... ARE YOU CRAZY?!

I eat healthily, my standard day includes cornflakes for breakfast, a reasonable lunch and then a scrummy (but healthy) dinner, my aim is 1600 kcal but there's some days and I just find it damn near impossible to achieve.

My aim is 0.5lb a week so I dont rapidly change my bosy and put a load of pressure on my organs/muscles, so i know im eating more than what I would if i was aiming for 2lb but really? 1200 kcal is barely enough calories for a good pizza!!

Are these people CRAZY?
    Or do they just not like food? haha!

I think my point was missed!
    It wasn't about loosing weight or the lack of- so the grumpy pants people out there can bugger off! I was just saying that I dont know how people can manage it! I don't eat fast food rubbish or anything fried really, but once you've added a knob of butter to your cooking thats it- the calories are right up there!

No, I think I got the point. The point was to ask people who eat less than you if they are crazy, yes?

What kind of responses did you expect?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    But then again I was thinking about nothing.
    And I was just like staring at the wall thinking 'bout everything
    And then my Mom came in,
    And I didn't even know she was there.
    She called my name
    But I didn't hear her.
    Then she started screaming, "Mike, Mike!"
    And I go, "What? What's the matter?"
    She goes, "What's the matter with you?!"
    I go, "There's nothin' wrong Mom."
    She goes, "Don't tell me that, you're on drugs!"
    I go, "No Mom, I'm not on drugs.
    Why don't ya give me a Pepsi?"
    I'm okay, I'm just thinking, you know.
    I go, "Mom, I'm okay, I'm just thinking."
    She goes, "No, you're on drugs!"
    Normal people don't act in that way!"
    She goes, "No, you're not thinking, you're on drugs!
    All I want is a Pepsi."
    I go, "Mom, just give me a Pepsi please,
    Just one Pepsi!
    And she wouldn't give it to me!
    And she wouldn't give it to me!
    All I wanted was a Pepsi!
    Just a Pepsi!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Hunter S. Thompson

Man, i need to find a way to harness my mom's crazy.....
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    *sits down and waits*

Pulls up chair and pulls carrots and low fat veggie dip out ta purse, "Want some? This is going to get fun."
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    1600 is the amount of calories needed to maintain my weight so no, I'm not crazy, I just want to lose some weight and if I ate what you ate I would gain weight. Calorie requirements are going to differ based on height, weight, gender and activity level.
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    i think it's to each their own. what works for X will not work for Y. so youre happy with your calorie intake, leave it at that.

you do what works best for you and be happy with your results!! keep kicking butt!!

This!! ^^ I personally am totally full and happy at 1200 and sometimes I have to work to make it to 1200 a day. I think it also has to do with your diet, some foods like whole foods are way less in calories but are more filling than say a 600 cal cheeseburger. It really all comes down to you personally and what your body is telling you and what you put into it. Dont feel pressured to go under a certain amount and dont feel pressured to go up!:) Do what works for you!:)