ladies, personal question??

Options
Hey, this is a little personal but I've been having problems going to the bathroom (#2)..any suggestions or advice that helps regulate this prob and pls Dnt say activia Bc that doesn't work for me

Replies

• korinastern
    Options
    lentils help
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    make sure you're getting enough fiber and fat n your diet as well as water.

i think dieters who have trouble going #2 usually or doing low fat diets. you need a little fat and water to keep that fiber moving.

good fats to include are olive oil (can make your own dressing) avocadoes, nuts, salmon, egg yolks
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Some people up their fiber without upping their water intake, which can make you even more constipated. Be sure you're getting adequate amounts of fiber AND water.

I have had similar issues when my thyroid levels weren't completely in control. I try to get at least 20g of fiber while levels are normal. If I notice issues, I up it to 35-40, while being sure to drink lots of water.

Hope that helps.
  • Time4tee
    Time4tee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    More water!!!
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I drink a TON of water (it's all I drink) and have the same problem...I got a dietary supplement....fit more fiber in your diet even if MFP says you're over...change in eating habits definitely influences how you poop and I know a TON of women who have this problem...just find what works for you :)
  • cheekycherries
    cheekycherries Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yep water and veggies, especially high fibre ones. Google will help with more info :)
  • Tarale1
    Tarale1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    a handful of almonds...?
  • mon696
    mon696 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Dried apricots work for me, but don't eat too many, then you have the opposite problem :embarassed:
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I start using probiotics and works for me
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How long has this been going on?
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Water and fiber keep me good!
  • Pgonzal2972
    Options
    I had the same problem recently. My cure was 2 Ex-lax - the next day I was able to "go" and have been back on track since then. Drinking LOTS of water and adding fiber to your diet will help keep you regular too.
  • mzpharrell
    mzpharrell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    make sure you're getting enough fiber and fat n your diet as well as water.

i think dieters who have trouble going #2 usually or doing low fat diets. you need a little fat and water to keep that fiber moving.

good fats to include are olive oil (can make your own dressing) avocadoes, nuts, salmon, egg yolks
    ^^^
    ^^^^^my thoughts exactly
  • PHATmommy68
    PHATmommy68 Posts: 112
    Options

I just started taking Probiotics and I find it IS working but the pharmacist also told me you can take Mirilax once a day everyday!
  • SkinnyByTammie
    Options
    Just had this issue and I doubled my water intake and added a cup of black coffee every morning. Seems to have done the trick.
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    I have the same problem, but am on a very low cal diet (1100 per day) I take a laxitive when it gets really bad, but increase my fibre at other times - prunes, figs, apricots. Sorry but I also use activia fat free, this has some effect for me - plus I like the taste.
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I snack on prunes, and make sure if i can get food with additional fiber, and water....I slacked on my water for 2 days and suffered for 5
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

I just started taking Probiotics and I find it IS working but the pharmacist also told me you can take Mirilax once a day everyday!

Oh yea, that works too!!
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have the same problems and I eat a lot of fiber (but not enough to create the opposite problem!) Lentils are one of my go-to foods when things get a little problematic.

I have resorted to laxitives just to relieve some of the pain, although that is not fun!