Low Calorie Snacks, dips, cookies, for a family CAMPING trip

Options
kdavina
kdavina Posts: 13 Member
My family is trying to lost the weight also, so I would like to bring some good, yummy, low calories ideas for our annual family camping trip. Ideas????????

Replies

• AHealthyMe1lbAtATime
    AHealthyMe1lbAtATime Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I would also like to know what people have for ideas:) Going camping this weekend!
  • dawn120604
    dawn120604 Posts: 14
    Options
    Me 3! We leave Monday!
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Check out what I am eating, I am uploading pics/recipes on my site almost daily :)

Got 5 new recipe on the site :)https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371?ref=tn_tnmn
  • Sonnie124
    Sonnie124 Posts: 99
    Options
    1 Josephs Lavash
    spray both sides with Pam
    sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and rub in (both sides)
    cut into cracker size with pizza cutter
    Bake at 350
    I don't time it, I just stay in the kitchen because it will burn. Turn when starting to look golden brown and bake another few minutes
    I eat with with cottage cheese mixed with vanilla and sweet and low.
    You can also make the crackers with salt and garlic powder instead of cinnamon and sugar
    Serve with hummus.
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hummus (keeps well in a cooler and you can freeze it without ill-effects to the hummus)
    Salsa (some may have an issue with the sodium, but still low cal)
    Special K Cracker Chips (great salty/crunch snack and pretty low cal; cheddar is the best IMO)
    Buffalo Chicken dip (4 chicken breasts, one bottle of Franks Red Hot Buffalo and one dry packet of Hidden Valley Ranch in the crockpot for 6 hrs on low); this tastes great even cold IMO and is high in protein. Use celery to scoop out and eat.
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Cut up fruit with a fruit dip (lowfat cool whip mixed with lowfat vanilla yogurt)
    Angel food cake with sliced strawberries on top (slice strawberries and sprinkle with splenda and a bit of water)

Pretzels or mini carrots with lowfat onion dip (lowfat or fat free sour cream and a packet of onion soup mix)

But most of what we take is just regular food. I eat my burgers and hot dogs with no bun. I allow myself one smore a night. And of course when we are drinking, I pick something I can mix with crystal light. My current favorite is sweet tea vodka with crystal light raspberry lemonade. Just do you best to move more and have fun!
  • MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Laughing cow light cheese wedges- a little goes a long way, and they're really good. I eat them with carrots. Fiber one bars are an easy pack and are tasty. Of course fruit and yogurts... you have to keep them cold though. Turkey dogs, and if you shop at Sam's they have a Garlic and Mozzerella Chicken bratwurst which is fabulous and better for you. Cube a watermelon and put it in a tub for easy access.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    some yummy ideas here. I am sneaking in to look for lunchbox ideas.

peanut butter makes a good filling dip for vegetables or crackers
    tubes of primula and crackers

look in the baby food isle as these products are normally portable and no added sugar or salt and some can be very tasty - not sure here in the world you are so i can't recommend specifics but i love the banana chips and the banana and date bars

I look forward to more ideas
  • Angel food cake on the grill is outstanding - tastes like toasted marshmallow and is wonderful with grilled fruit (we like pineapple the best).
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    Hummus (keeps well in a cooler and you can freeze it without ill-effects to the hummus)
    Special K Cracker Chips (great salty/crunch snack and pretty low cal; cheddar is the best IMO)
    Buffalo Chicken dip (4 chicken breasts, one bottle of Franks Red Hot Buffalo and one dry packet of Hidden Valley Ranch in the crockpot for 6 hrs on low); this tastes great even cold IMO and is high in protein. Use celery to scoop out and eat.
    buffalo chicken dip *falls flat on face and drowns in own drool*
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    baby carrots, cucumber, bananas, strawberries, canteloupe, honeydew...

low-carb crackers.

greek yogurt veggie dip is delicious and healthy.

kozy shack sugar-free rice pudding cups, hunt's no-sugar-added vanilla pudding cups, oikos greek yogurt with fruit (individual cups) - if you are bringing a cooler camping these are easy to store in there as grab-and-goes - use disposable spoons for added ease.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    For dip, try Marzetti Greek Yogurt dip. It comes in Artichoke Spinach, Cucumber Dill Feta and a Ranch variety. It's really good with veggies, crackers, chips, etc.

I also get low fat pretzels for something easy and crunchy.

Watermelon is always a hit.

Bring items for sandwiches

For dinner try Jennie-O lean turkey brats, they're really good and much healthier than the regular version.

Check out Skinnytaste.com for salad iteas.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    buffalo chicken dip *falls flat on face and drowns in own drool*

Ditto
  • SHarvey31982
    SHarvey31982 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make dip with nonfat greek yogurt. You can use hidden valley ranch powder or any other of your favorite dip mixes and its tangier than sour cream. I love it with fresh veggies or baked pita chips (which you could make in advance).
  • RUNHARD262
    Options
    A great chip replacement I discovered is....

Sahara Cuisine - Pita Chips Sea Salt, 1 oz. 28 g at only 77 calories.
  • Marcy31
    Marcy31 Posts: 53
    Options
    bump
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    fruit, nuts, air-popped popcorn...