Official 30 Day shred thread!

Options
Right, today I am starting the 30 day shred.
Anyone who wants to join in is welcome to post.
I will post measurements and weight before and after.
Good luck! :)

Replies

• letswalk
    letswalk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just started today also! I finished Level 1 and went all the way through completely. I've always had to stop before because it just got too hard. But today I pushed and I completed it! :) I took before measurements, but I'll post those after the 30 days.
  • jrobbins25
    Options
    I started it before but never finished, so maybe I will start again when I get home! I'm in!
  • vmilam03
    vmilam03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've done 30 DS before and loved it.

I may try it again and join in with you all!
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ok a stupid question, is it the exact same workout for 10 straight days? Do you take rest days at all? I did it the first day but then I was so sore from the push ups that I could only get 1/2 way through it again. I thought you weren't supposed to work the same muscles two days in a row?
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I always do a day and then i'm so sore 3 days after, I never continue lol Maybe I'll try it with all of you.
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Is everyone pretty much starting today? I will TOTALLY start again today - let me know and I'll add :)
  • samasche1
    samasche1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started it again (for probably the 5th time) last night-got all the way through too! Let's motivate each other!!
  • MzGotItAll25
    MzGotItAll25 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on today as well. Right after lunch digest before work I will do my first workout! Scared, but will take pics and measurements today! Anyone add me for motivation!! LETS GET IT
  • newfitTasha
    newfitTasha Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today as well ! Hopefully I will stick to it ! :)
  • Kelly043
    Kelly043 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just got the DVD in the mail, so I'll try to start today as well. My only concern is that I am very much out of shape, so I know I will need some breaks, or at least just do as many reps/sets as I am able to, and just focus on improving/increasing reps each day. :smile:
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    i been starting all well.. She keep saying you can do it and i keep telling her now but she doesn't listen.. lol
  • rednavel
    rednavel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started this morning as well! I'm planning on doing 30DS every other day and running every other day.
  • TrinaHillier
    TrinaHillier Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am in, need help and encouragement, will take all the help and encouragement I can get.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Ok a stupid question, is it the exact same workout for 10 straight days? Do you take rest days at all? I did it the first day but then I was so sore from the push ups that I could only get 1/2 way through it again. I thought you weren't supposed to work the same muscles two days in a row?

JM's suggested schedule is as follows:

2 days 30DS
    1 day cardio
    2 Days 30DS
    1 day cardio
    1 rest day

Rinse, repeat...
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I started both Insanity, (****) and the 30 day shred today!

I won't post measurements because they may not be accurate being that I'm combining it with insanity.

Good luck guys! Will let you know how much I lose and how many inches at the end of the 30 days...
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I started today, also! This will be my 2nd time doing the Shred...I LOVE the results!
  • misschubbybutterfly
    Options
    I'm on day 7, and I've made Saturdays my rest day. For me day 3 was the WORST.

Take measurements/pics. I've seen so many inspiring 30ds before and after pictures its crazy. I can't wait to see mine. even if I just lose inches and you can't see it in pictures I'll be stoked
  • jrobbins25
    Options
    Thanks for posting the schedule! :)
  • Whitney0919
    Whitney0919 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started it Friday night. I thought I was going to die after the first workout. I pushed through the entire thing without stopping and broke my first real sweat since I was a kid!!! I was so sore Saturday I decided I wasn't going to do it, but my kids wanted to do it with me, so I did it... Sunday I had a hard time getting out of bed I was so sore. By Monday afternoon, I realized I wasn't sore at all anymore!! I did Level 1 again Monday night and then moved on to Level 2 last night. I'm a little sore today, but my endurance has improved a lot already! Even though the first few days SUCK, try to stick with it, because you really can feel it working! I just keep telling myself that the more it hurts and the more horrible it is, the better results I'll get. Good luck!!
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I plan on stopping at Walmart today to get this. Assuming they have it, I am in. Will send measurements as well.

3 days a week right?