Official 30 Day shred thread!

Options

Replies

• laxmomma10
    laxmomma10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started it this morning! I was motivated after walking 5 miles yesterday and 3 this morning already. Let's just see how much I can SHRED. I am leaving for Hawaii on the 29th ... I was considering double sessions to get 30 sessions in before my trip. ;)
  • letswalk
    letswalk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I work 16 hours tomorrow (7am-1130m) so I'm debating taking a rest day tomorrow already. Either that or getting up way earlier to get it done. I know I won't be able to do it when I get home. After my last double, I came home, crashed, and slept for amost 13 hours!
  • jrobbins25
    Options
    I know encouragement and motivation is a BIG part of being successful...and if anyone needs extra...I'm here for you!
  • jayfo1994
    jayfo1994 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I"m in!

I've never even heard of all of this Jillian Michaels stuff until I started poking around here. My only knowlege of JM is by watching Biggest Loser while eating a big ol' bowl of ice cream (pre- MFP days)

I saw that it is available on iTunes so has anyone tried using it off an iPad? I'd think this would eliminate any excuse of not having a DVD available when I have to go out of town.

Thanks!
  • misschubbybutterfly
    Options
    it's on vimeo as well. I own it, but I just play it on there on my computer. It's easier for me. More room in my computer room and no dvdrom drive on my computer
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ok a stupid question, is it the exact same workout for 10 straight days? Do you take rest days at all? I did it the first day but then I was so sore from the push ups that I could only get 1/2 way through it again. I thought you weren't supposed to work the same muscles two days in a row?

JM's suggested schedule is as follows:

2 days 30DS
    1 day cardio
    2 Days 30DS
    1 day cardio
    1 rest day

Rinse, repeat...

This I can handle! I just cannot do push up every darn day. LOL
  • bitarstar
    bitarstar Posts: 2
    Options
    Okay, planning on starting tomorrow! How much do your hand weights weigh?
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I started this last night! I'm planning on doing it for the full 30 days straight. I might have my hopes set too high but after seeing some others results I'm hoping mine are just as good! Good luck to everyone!
  • lisalu1202
    lisalu1202 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for my dvd to come in the post. I will start as soon as it arrives.
  • LlostInSpace
    Options
    WOW I'm so happy so many others are doing it too!
    Honestly, when you are sore, just keep going and once yhou have warmed up its not so bad. The first couple of days are the worst and then you feel great!
    I am doing mine everyday starting today (completed it a couple hours ago! Woooo!
  • lindseymjackson0501
    Options
    I am starting it again today. I am not looking forward to the next 3 days of soreness, but hopefully now that I've changed my eating habits, I'll see better results!
  • TaxGirlxo
    TaxGirlxo Posts: 27
    Options
    Ok a stupid question, is it the exact same workout for 10 straight days? Do you take rest days at all? I did it the first day but then I was so sore from the push ups that I could only get 1/2 way through it again. I thought you weren't supposed to work the same muscles two days in a row?

2 days 30DS
    1 day cardio
    2 Days 30DS
    1 day cardio
    1 rest day

Rinse, repeat...

Wait....

So is the 30 day shred meant to be completed within one month or is is supposed to be 30 days of doing the workout in total (7+ weeks)?? I've been doing it every single day.
  • kathleenp518
    kathleenp518 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday and I'm so excited to see everyone motivating each other. That's what I need! I started Day 1 of the 30 day shred today and was planning on doing it every day (or hoping to). I look forward to seeing everyone's results and will post mine.
  • leah421
    leah421 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS on Sunday, took a rest day Monday and yesterday, and did cardio today. I am due to do the shred again tomorrow.. I really want to finish the whole thing! I need motivation though, I end up getting lazy and stopping just when my endurance gets better!
  • kelledin
    kelledin Posts: 11
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred this morning. I'm going to take measurements tonight so will post up new (hopefully) measurements in 30 days time. Can't wait!

Lots of motivation and support from me to you all xx
  • BAMontie
    BAMontie Posts: 3
    Options

2 days 30DS
    1 day cardio
    2 Days 30DS
    1 day cardio
    1 rest day

Rinse, repeat...

Wait....

So is the 30 day shred meant to be completed within one month or is is supposed to be 30 days of doing the workout in total (7+ weeks)?? I've been doing it every single day.

I was thinking the same thing. I have been doing it every day since June 2nd. Today will be Level 2 day 2 for me... I am not sure where to find the information, I checked the "recommendations" page on the dvd but it didn't say anything pertaining to this... Can anyone help with this??
  • jrobbins25
    Options
    How is everyone doing?!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I just started and am NOT an exerciser but have been looking for something. I am going to try this, not sure how much I will be able to do but since it has different stages I am hoping I can at least work my way up.
  • imaj79
    imaj79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to start tonight!
  • ctiedeman
    ctiedeman Posts: 21
    Options
    I would love to join! I will be a few days behind. I just ordered it from amazon.