why to add calories on food if I burned them on exercise?

Options
The MFP gave me a diet of 1200 calories, but when I exercise and lost for example 300 calories so the program change my input to 1500 calories for that day...why so? I exercise to lose calories, what is the point to add what I lost in exercise on the food? Can I lose calories exercising and not adding calories on eating? would I lose more?
I hope somebody understand my question...:heart:

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    cause your body needs calories for energy. also has to do with your metabolism. there are plenty of benefits to your exercise that you won't see in the numbers. you don't want to go below 1200, it won't help with your goals and could actually be counterproductive because your body will start to store what it considers to be energy supplies if you aren't giving it any.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Because MFP still wants you to NET your 1200! :-) If you burn 300 and don't eat them back, you only net 900, instead of the 1200 that you should be eating.

At least that's how I understand it! Some people don't eat back their exercise calories, some do. I personally do and it doesn't interfere with my weight loss.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    MFP creates the deficit FOR you. When you burn calories, you add to that deficit. If it becomes too great, your body suffers from lack of nutrients.
  • kimboj41
    kimboj41 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I wondered the same thing....thanks to reading these replies I understand now.
  • YamRector
    YamRector Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    thank you!!!