Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Milk

Why are there so many grams of sugar in milk???? ::noway: I really like milk but even two glasses a day puts me at or above my sugar limit!! I drink it for the calcium and vitamin recommended by my doctor, but it still makes my angry!

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Lactose is sugar, therefore you can't have milk without sugars. I ignore the sugars number if I exceed it because I drank a glass of milk and had some berries. I avoid added sugars and don't sweat the natural ones.
  • Urzu07
    Urzu07 Posts: 39
    I wouldn't worry too much on the sugar content of milk. Unless you're ingesting table sugar, the sugar numbers that you'll get daily shouldn't matter much, long as they are natural sugars.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    thanks for the ppl who answered my question as well...I always worry about my sugar! thanks again:) Generally though I stick to unsweetened almond milk (amazing)
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    puts me at or above my sugar limit!!

Why are you tracking your sugar intakes in the first place ?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    If you have a medical reason to track your sugar intake, then YES the sugar in milk and fruit absolutely does count.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Damn cows and their sweet milk!