Feeling Frustrated

Options
I started this journey in end of December 2011. I logged and exercised pretty regularly until the middle of April. I lost 17 lbs in about 17 weeks. During my time off I gained 5 pounds. I started back up May 14th and I have been doing cardio for about an hour 4-5 times a week and lifting about 3 times a week. I have lost one pound in the last 4 weeks. I feel stuck and losing motivation fast. Today I left after a half hour of cardio and cried on the way home. I haven't been measuring inches, but my clothes don't feel any different. Sigh. I keep reading about boosting my metabolism by eating at my maintenance BMR, but that seems really scary. Anyone been through something like this?

Replies

• dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have totally been there. Make sure you are tracking everything you eat. I went up to 1400/1500 calories especially with the exercising. Also make sure to change up your food and exercise. I hear you on being overwhelmed and tears. Keep it up, it is worth it.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have entered all your goal figures correctly and eat to the goal, including exercise (if not included in tdee)
    can't see your diary so that's all I can say
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I eat, I gain. Period. I do a more intense workout, even if it's the same amount of cals as the not so intense workout I lose. Also, I have to boost my metabolism in the am before breakfast or else I pretty much just maintain. (I do abs & walk dog). I've found boosting it during the day here and there will little 5 minute this's and that's seems to work as well.

Good Luck and don't get discouraged. This a marathon, not a sprint and you are 25% of the way through the race!! (and I like the frog)

Cheers!!

:flowerforyou:
  • hrtotten
    hrtotten Posts: 26
    Options
    Try going vegan before 6pm to make sure you are getting a good amount of fiber and nutrients. Hopefully that will help!