BeachBody Programs and Results

Options
13»

Replies

• kdka54
    kdka54 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have done P90X, Insanity and Asylum many times through since mid 2010. I think each have specific advantages to one another. For me, P90X is great if I have laid off for a month or two as it seems to do a good job of total body strengthening. Insanity is great for high intensity training, and endurance and asylum seems to be more focused toward sports training and HITT. I would say after having done 2 full rounds of each of these programs, the routines get a little bit monotonous, so I like to do hybrids or mix in weights or additional core work. Also, for me, doing these programs alone will yield modest degrees of weight loss, and/or strength and muscle increase unless I firmly commit to my dietary goals. Currently I am in the 5th week of Insanity and following as the schedule shows except on recovery days, I do 1 hour of upper or lower body weight training. I also combine 4 days of Ab Ripper coupled with a few other specific rotational core strengthening moves. My dietary goals are about 500 calorie deficit with a 40/30/30 ratio of carbs, protein and fat. I also like to use pre-workout supplements (C4, AC/G3 or Platinum Pump Fuel) depending on whether I am lifting or just doing Insanity. Lastly, if I were just starting one of the BB programs, I would not start with Insanity or Asylum, especially if I had any knee or joint issues and/or was significantly overweight.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wisegirl_k
    wisegirl_k Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Holly, I have the extras if you'd like me to email them to you. ;)
  • dumarina17
    Options
    2 years ago..i started doing insanity 60 day program intense cadrio..i lost 10 - 20 pounds...4 pack and 6 while flexing . first time in my life i had it. then i started working out with weights and thats what motivated me. Insanity.
    now im 17 years old. 160 pounds and 9 % bf ...training 5 times a week and currently bulking up.
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love beachbody programs. I did a full round of p90x and then insanity. I'm considering doing the hybrid next. I do not use shakeology though.

Before Beachbody.....
    0660d688.jpg

e21cb75b.jpg

e28b81c1.jpg

After....

3bf8f363.jpg

463ed0a0.jpg

I had great results from these Programs!

That is amazing! I am on day four of Insanity, and I think I'll do power90 afterwards.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    I am just about to finish my first round of ChaLean Extreme. I absolutely love the program. I haven't seen the scale move a great deal (probably because I really don't have much weight to lose). But I have lost tons of inches take a look in my profile for my day 1/ day 30/ day 60 results in about 2 more weeks I will add day 90. I will be doing another round of CLX but adding Turbo fire and doing a hybrid mostly because I can burn as much calories doing TF in 20 minutes as the 45 minute CLX cardio and that is great for me since I hate cardio. I have also been drinking Shakeology through the whole process and I cannot say enough about the benefits. It is not just a meal replacement like so many believe.
  • vbcoach25
    vbcoach25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree with those that mentioned Shakeology. I love it, too! My favorite Shakeology recipe right now is the Chocolate made with almond milk and a little peanut butter. Fills in my cravings for sweets! I also did a juice cleanse earlier this year and didn't have the horrible side effects that can happen. I give Shakeology part of the credit, as I have been drinking shakes on a regular basis (4-5 a week) since shortly after it came out. I can feel the differences in my immune levels, digestion, and so forth as others have mentioned. I do feel it is worth the extra money and I plan accordingly as I know the value of it for me.

Julie (aka VBCoach25)
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Starting from the couch position (flat screen, dark beer, and family-size Buffalo-style Doritos w/dip all included in the couch position) 87 days ago, I started P90X. With three days left I have lost over 20 lbs (from last weigh-in), can do tons of push-ups, some unassisted pullups . . . and most importantly have been eating a healthier diet than I ever have in my life.

And yes, I used Shakeology for the first half of the program, and it completely destroyed my stomach. Onward to food instead of shakes.
  • rvasquez0711
    Options
    Did 1 month of insanity in january. Got discouraged... started back up with p90x 6 weeks ago and have lost 15lbs total from when I started insanity. If only I would have stayed active between the programs. Currently at 217 but been here for couple weeks now hoping a drop is around the corner. I have eliminated soda and junk food. Have ate more veggies the past month than my 27 years of existence. Smoking has almost ceased to exist but the occasional beer and monster energy drink (yeah I know) sneak in more often than id like. Obviously im not following the meal plan but transition from other lifestyle to this should be much harder than this to the meal plan. Already got tapoutxt but will wait till p90x is done to get into that.
  • anythingworthdoing
    Options
    After looking at everyones posts and checking out the Insanity thread, I've gone ahead and ordered it. Should be here tomorrow. Wish me luck
  • nikki_0522
    nikki_0522 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love Beachbody programs! I started my weight loss journey in January and I've done Slim in 6 (my least favorite), Turbo Jam, and I am on week 1 of ChaLean Extreme. I've gone from a size 20 down to a size 16, and I've lost 37 lbs so far.
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs, increased muscle & cardio endurance with P90X, Insanity & Chalean Extreme.

Changing nothing in my diet other than adding Shakeology everyday, my cholesterol went down (I forgot how many points but I was close to needing meds and when I got retested 6 months later, I was in the healthy range) My blood sugars balanced (no longer pre-diabetic). I lowered my depression medication. I had (and still have) more energy. My hair grows fast (too fast actually!) my nails are stronger and my skin is clearer. I can't remember the last time I got sick.

It is expensive-its $4 shake or $3 for coaches. It cannot be compared to 'less expensive" protein shakes because it is NOT a protein shake. I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy it, but I am defending the product because I have done my research and believe in the products. I had the honor of meeting the co-creator, Darin Olien, in Las Vegas two weeks ago and to hear his passion about nutrition and natural ingredients was just amazing. Please research each & every ingredient and you'll see why the price is more expensive than something sold in a supermarket.

I was going to post a video about Shakeology here but it is considered advertising so I can't. Go to YouTube and search for "See What Doctors Are Saying about Shakeology" its pretty interesting to see what it does for the body, its not just about weight.

I just love it! Can ya tell! lol :)