Funny Story About the Hazards of Relying on the Scale

Here is a funny story about the hazards of relying on the scale too much.  So today is my one-week mark, so I was eager to weigh myself, because I've stuck with the plan very well.  I woke up a little earlier than usual because the dogs were barking, so I got up and weighed myself.  I had only lost .4 of a lb!  I was really bummed; my goal is set at one lb. per week, and I FEEL like I've lost some weight.  So I went back to sleep.  Then I got up, pooped, and weighed myself again.  Now it was showing I lost 1.2 lbs!  The poop made the difference! :laugh:  So now I'm happier because I met my goal -- how ridiculous is that?!  I think I'll weigh myself less frequently from now on so my mood doesn't hinge on fractions of a lb.

Replies

• katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 839 Member
    Love it! Yeah, I can tell when I'm "backed up" - the scale shows all!
  • jumpyjavajawa
    jumpyjavajawa Posts: 36 Member
    I remember when I bought my scale, I weighed myself as one does.
    The next day I weighed myself again and I lost 15 pounds overnight! WHAT!?
    Turns out moving the scale from the area rug in the bathroom to the bare floor to get better light caused it. The pile on the rug and the different pile heights caused the scale to by super off. lol
    It was a very nice surprise to know I wasn't as heavy as I thought I was.
  • JimmyfromNYC
    JimmyfromNYC Posts: 35 Member
    I wonder what the record is for pre- and post-poop weighings?
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    That's a load of S&!#
  • rrtennant
    rrtennant Posts: 1
    I wish there was a "like" button for this
  • i know the feeling! one week ago I was 5 pounds more than I am this week, and i know that i didn't lose five pounds in a week haha must be water weight or something!
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member

You should start a thread asking for such info.
  • Boobiebonboo
    Boobiebonboo Posts: 10 Member
    made me smile! :happy:
  • beggaboo2000
    beggaboo2000 Posts: 70 Member
    Bwahahahaaha LOL!!!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    There are so many reasons why the scale can go up or down. It's one indicator but should not be the primary indicator. Body fat measurements, tape measurements, how clothes fit are all part of the picture. We need a 12 step program for the scale addicts around here! :laugh:
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    When I originally weighed myself on my new scale, I was 160 but when I moved my scale to my bathroom where there was no carpet, I was 190. WAKE UP CALL.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member

I went through a period of fad weight loss by eating tons of fiber (the current pseudoscience term for it is a "detox" or "cleanse"), and I went through a few weeks where I had to flush 3-4 times while pooping or plug up the toilet without any need for toilet paper.

Of course, when you eat 5 Fi-Bars for breakfast...

Suffice to say that after a week, I was "cleansed". And I probably got a great ab workout from all the straining.

Weighing myself was also pointless during that period of time, because I swear I had 15 pounds of fiber squidging its way thorough my innards at any given time.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member

I went through a period of fad weight loss by eating tons of fiber (the current pseudoscience term for it is a "detox" or "cleanse"), and I went through a few weeks where I had to flush 3-4 times while pooping or plug up the toilet without any need for toilet paper.

Of course, when you eat 5 Fi-Bars for breakfast...

Suffice to say that after a week, I was "cleansed". And I probably got a great ab workout from all the straining.

Weighing myself was also pointless during that period of time, because I swear I had 15 pounds of fiber squidging its way thorough my innards at any given time.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The best part of that whole post is the word "squidging" LMAO!!!