Popchips?

Options
Has anybody tried these? They're marketed as a low-calorie, low-fat alternative to potato chips. 17 chips, 100 calories, about 4 grams of fat. Are these really any healthier than regular chips? I am not necessarily looking to eat a strict 100% healthy diet right away (because I'd cave in after about a day), just HEALTHIER than before.

Replies

• lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My husband loves these! I don't think they're much 'better' for you than regular potato chips. They're certainly just as bad in the sodium department. What I do like about them though, if he's needing a salty/crunchy fix, I can get them in little single serve bags and that seems to do the trick for him.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I prefer kellogs cracker chips. 110 fro 27 chips n they are really good. I havent tried the pop chips though.
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Love them !!!
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I really like them. They are lower in fat than potato chips so they are better in that aspect but at the end of the day they're still processed but I use them as a salty snack substitue. I've also jsut discovered baked kettle chips which are also really good!
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    Love them !!!
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I love the taste and texture, but then again, I prefer Baked Lays to regular chips (mmm.... salt delivery mechanism).
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I got hooked on them last year when I was traveling 2 hours each way to school. Nice and crunchy to keep me awake in the car :wink:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    They're a lot lower in fat and calories than regular chips. They're also delicious. I eat them sometimes when I'm feeling chippish.
  • allycat54
    allycat54 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I eat them everyday. I love them :)
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    I eat them very sparingly because I am trying to eat as clean as possible.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I don't like them...they taste like flavored Styrofoam. It's the texture that I dislike more than anything else. But I'm not a big salty snack eater anyway, so I can have a couple Doritos and not go overboard.
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Popchips are awesome. We like the BBQ the best!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    They're freaking amazing. My best friend lives in a small town 5 hours away and they don't sell them anywhere near her, so I send them to her in bulk. Love love love them when I just NEED that salty snack!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Haven't tried them yet! Chip'ins are my fave for an alternative to chips. SOOOO GOOD :-)
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    haven't tried them but have made my own chips and they r yummy. potatoes and the microwave are my friends
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried them yet! Chip'ins are my fave for an alternative to chips. SOOOO GOOD :-)

DEM ABS....

..... sorry, what were we talking about?
  • janelle1993
    janelle1993 Posts: 128
    Options
    I eat them and love them!! They are better calorie wise than regular chips and I love how they don't make my fingers greasy afterward like potato chips do to my hands.
  • zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I personaly think they are nasty! I much prefer whole grain wheat thins or pistachios. More cals and fat...but much better flavor! And a little more of my friend...fiber!
  • mamnboston
    mamnboston Posts: 81
    Options
    yummers, the bbq ones are the bomb!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I actually like the taste of them. I've only tried the salt and pepper though. They're also fewer calories because they're mostly air :P