Need help with my sweet tooth

Options

Replies

• nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    MAYbe u should go 2 the dentist and remove ur tooth lol im just kidding its very hard!! what about if you try recipes that r always sweet but r less sweet or try eating dark chocolate maybe ull stop wantin sweets!or maybe buy some smart ones desserts! they have less calories!
  • natalie_bailey
    natalie_bailey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have found drinking hot chocolate gets rid of my craving for sweets, you can get weight watcher hot chocolate sachets, only 40 calories and are made with real chocolate therefore satisfying that chocolate craving
  • ChelseaWhiteman
    ChelseaWhiteman Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    MAYbe u should go 2 the dentist and remove ur tooth lol im just kidding its very hard!! what about if you try recipes that r always sweet but r less sweet or try eating dark chocolate maybe ull stop wantin sweets!or maybe buy some smart ones desserts! they have less calories!

Haha im probably going to end up having it removed anyway if I keep eating sweets :p
    Im definitely gonna give the dark chocolate a go!
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/desserts/tp/Top-Low-Carb-Desserts.htm

im the same way. just get chocolate flavored protein powder and make a protein shake whenever you crave chocolate. also, try artic zero icecream.
  • ChelseaWhiteman
    Options
    I have found drinking hot chocolate gets rid of my craving for sweets, you can get weight watcher hot chocolate sachets, only 40 calories and are made with real chocolate therefore satisfying that chocolate craving

I have my hot chocolate with milk, I dont know how bad that is. I really dont like it with water
  • ChelseaWhiteman
    Options
    http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/desserts/tp/Top-Low-Carb-Desserts.htm

im the same way. just get chocolate flavored protein powder and make a protein shake whenever you crave chocolate. also, try artic zero icecream.

Thanks very much! :D
  • Rifke
    Rifke Posts: 1
    Options
    Homemade popcorn is good (microwave and cinema popcorn is full of sugar, fat and chemicals), just cook it with a tiny bit of oil in a saucepan or use an air popper if you have one and don't put loads of sugar, salt or butter, etc on it, hope this is helpful :)
  • ChelseaWhiteman
    Options
    Homemade popcorn is good (microwave and cinema popcorn is full of sugar, fat and chemicals), just cook it with a tiny bit of oil in a saucepan or use an air popper if you have one and don't put loads of sugar, salt or butter, etc on it, hope this is helpful :)

Mmm I love popcorn too. Thanks alot!
  • lbayly71
    lbayly71 Posts: 11
    Options
    i try to cut the sweets and use sugar free hard candy in mint, cinnamon and butterscotch ... not the same thing but does in a pinch!
  • suiteblooms
    suiteblooms Posts: 100
    Options
    This probably sounds crazy, but I have been a sugar addict (soda pop, chocolate, candy, donuts, etc) ALL my life. Resisting temptation was impossible. Then I did a juice fast for 8 days. During that time, I ate nothing but fresh fruits and veg in juice form. After that my cravings were gone. For weeks anything sweet was too sugary. Now I can eat and enjoy the occasional ice cream treat or something, but I can control my portion and stop. * For more info on the juice fast, see the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have a protein bar nearly every day and they basically taste like candy bars while giving me the protein boost. They have a decent amount of sugar in them but they don't seem to impede my loss.
  • ChelseaWhiteman
    Options
    i try to cut the sweets and use sugar free hard candy in mint, cinnamon and butterscotch ... not the same thing but does in a pinch!

I used to snack on butterscotch mints but then I found I was eating basically a family bag of them a day :(
  • ChelseaWhiteman
    Options
    This probably sounds crazy, but I have been a sugar addict (soda pop, chocolate, candy, donuts, etc) ALL my life. Resisting temptation was impossible. Then I did a juice fast for 8 days. During that time, I ate nothing but fresh fruits and veg in juice form. After that my cravings were gone. For weeks anything sweet was too sugary. Now I can eat and enjoy the occasional ice cream treat or something, but I can control my portion and stop. * For more info on the juice fast, see the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"

Thanks alot :D Im not a massive fan of Veg but i'm sure if I want a toned body im gonna have to put up with it :P
  • ChelseaWhiteman
    Options
    I have a protein bar nearly every day and they basically taste like candy bars while giving me the protein boost. They have a decent amount of sugar in them but they don't seem to impede my loss.

Thankyou :D!!
  • natalie_bailey
    natalie_bailey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeah I usually do half milk and half water. Try and use skimmed milk and you should be fine
  • fitnsandyfun
    fitnsandyfun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just eat sweet fruits like strawberrys, oranges , plums, grapes or kiwis are great too.
  • ChelseaWhiteman
    Options
    Yeah I usually do half milk and half water. Try and use skimmed milk and you should be fine

I drink semi skimmed, i'm usually against skimmed but I was against wholemeal bread before I tried it and now I love it. Doing half and half sounds good, im gonna do that, thanks!
  • ChelseaWhiteman
    Options
    I just eat sweet fruits like strawberrys, oranges , plums, grapes or kiwis are great too.

Thankyou!!
  • fitnsandyfun
    fitnsandyfun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I also practically addicted to chocolates. So I changes it to chocolate protein shakes and not Im just drinking chocolate shakeology.
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    I use to have a sweet tooth. It took a while of not eating it but the cravings went away. And now if I eat sugar it leaves me tired and with a terrible headache. It's not worth it for me.

^^ Exactly!! I had to do the same thing, give it up completely! Otherwise I would binge. Now when I do eat something it's overly sweet and I get so bloated with a horrible stomach ache. Try giving up the sweets, the first three weeks are the hardest, then it's smooth sailing! I use All-Natural fruit strips as my "sweet" after meals. The ones I eat are 45 calories