Need help with my sweet tooth

Options

Replies

• ChelseaWhiteman
    ChelseaWhiteman Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I also practically addicted to chocolates. So I changes it to chocolate protein shakes and not Im just drinking chocolate shakeology.

My boyfriend told me to drink protein shakes but im just scared everything will make me put on weight. I dont know why, I dont know much about shakes. I shall trust him and try them though :D
  • ChelseaWhiteman
    Options
    ^^ Exactly!! I had to do the same thing, give it up completely! Otherwise I would binge. Now when I do eat something it's overly sweet and I get so bloated with a horrible stomach ache. Try giving up the sweets, the first three weeks are the hardest, then it's smooth sailing! I use All-Natural fruit strips as my "sweet" after meals. The ones I eat are 45 calories
    [/quote]

I cant imagine how hard it would be to give up sweet stuff! I have a month till my holiday so I might just try and give it up for that, I cant say how well im going to do though
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Smoothie with ice, frozen berries and unsweetened cocoa powder ... YUMMY!
  • K3atie
    K3atie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, sugar free jelly works somethimes for me or a spoonful of peanut butter (crunchy)
    both taste really sweet and can take your mind off chocolate. :-)

Failing that have you tried a chocolate protein bar?? these give the choc taste and can be used to replace meals?? PHD Diet whey chocolate cookie or Atkins Chocolate decadence.

I have heard that a high intake of carbs produce a blood sugar swing in the body, hence why you then crave more sweet foods.
    Perhaps spread a carb 'hit' with some proteins to lessen the effect

Hope this helps
  • ChelseaWhiteman
    Options
    Hi, sugar free jelly works somethimes for me or a spoonful of peanut butter (crunchy)
    both taste really sweet and can take your mind off chocolate. :-)

Failing that have you tried a chocolate protein bar?? these give the choc taste and can be used to replace meals?? PHD Diet whey chocolate cookie or Atkins Chocolate decadence.

I have heard that a high intake of carbs produce a blood sugar swing in the body, hence why you then crave more sweet foods.
    Perhaps spread a carb 'hit' with some proteins to lessen the effect

Hope this helps

I havent tried protein bars but i'm definitely gonna give them a go
  • ChelseaWhiteman
    Options
    Smoothie with ice, frozen berries and unsweetened cocoa powder ... YUMMY!
    Ooooh I love these! I dont have the cocoa powder though. They really are yummy!
  • mang9785
    mang9785 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I usually eat some Greek yogurt when I get a sweet and it seems to help
  • ChelseaWhiteman
    Options
    I usually eat some Greek yogurt when I get a sweet and it seems to help

Thankyou!! :)
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I, too could eat milk chocolate all the day long, and I've never really liked dark chocolate. I picked up some dark chocolate with sea salt the other day (kind of by mistake) and the salt seems to take the edge off the bitterness of the dark chocolate. It does seem easier to have just one square of chocolate with the dark stuff. Good luck, I'm sure you'll find what works for you!
  • misschubbybutterfly
    Options
    no sugar added fudgesicles. seriously- they are 45 calories each and I feel like I've just eaten a chocolate bar.

Also this mint ice cream gum that tastes just like mint chip. It sounds gross but its soooo good
  • njgal35
    njgal35 Posts: 28
    Options
    Things that work for me as a sugar fix

1. watermelon
    2. mangos
    3. hershey kisses / baking morsels
    4. cold coffee
    5. Popsicles or Italian ice
  • ouchristie
    Options
    So I have a bad sweet tooth as well, but I have found some great alternatives to help with my cravings for sugar and chocolate.

I love anything from Skinny Cow frozen desserts. Everything is 150 calories or lower and is good-sized to make you feel like you have had a full dessert. They are also delicious.

I find that sugar-free pudding, especially chocolate works well for me. It comes in at 90 calories.

I buy dark chocolate Hershey Kisses (20 cal/Kiss) or Dove dark chocolate pieces (42 cal/piece) and I only let myself eat a couple. This usually helps with my chocolate cravings. A couple of Toostie Rolls are a good option too, but only a couple.

Dreyer's makes a slow-churned ice cream. Vanilla is only 100 calories for 1/2 cup and slow-churned means low-fat. I add 1/2 Tbsp of chocolate syrup to the top which is 25 calories.

Dreyer's also makes a fat-free frozen yogurt. A half cup of the Vanilla is only 90 calories.

Sometimes, 1/2 tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter on a reduced fat Graham cracker sheet is a good dessert, if you are not dying for chocolate. If you have a serving of the Graham crackers (2 full sheets) and 1 tbsp of peanut butter, the total calories is 235, but you are getting some protein and good fat. It is also filling.

If all else fails, chew some sugar-free gum. Extra lasts a long time. Or drink some water.

So, as you can see I do a lot to appease my sweet tooth. I hope this stuff works for you. ; )

I have lost 30lbs and can tell my body fat is still diminishing at a nice rate.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    SKINNY COW CANDY is my savior. Depending on the type its 110-120 cal...it's just enough to sooth the sweet tooth without being bad...i always save 110 cal for that.
  • cmeshew
    cmeshew Posts: 3
    Options
    Proetin shakes are a great subsitute! You can find them in almost every flavor. They pleny of chocolate ones you can mix with milk and ice in a blender makes it almost ice cream shake like. Super yummy! Also another alternative Ovaltene or a chocolate substitute to add to your milk. chocolate milk is a great recovery drink for after workouts. Gives you that sweet your looking for and helps your muscles get strong!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein shakes are really good, too... and most are pretty sweet-tasting without having a lot of actual sugar in them. I just made a chocolate protein shake with:

chocolate protein powder
    coconut oil
    cocoa
    ice
    vanilla
    xanthan gum (if you want to make it thicker, otherwise, just use a little less water)
    and water. Blend well, and enjoy. So good. It's better with cottage cheese in it, but I'm out. :(
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    For my sweet tooth:
    ☼ Green Smoothies (I feel like I'm cheating)
    ☼ Green Apples
    ☼ Raisins
    ☼ Fat Free/ Sugar Free Fudgesicle OMG Sugar Free is only 40 calories or so!!
  • nancella56
    Options
    i also have a sweet tooth so i sympathise with you. dont fight it, just get smarter with it. the chocolate rice cakes are really good and take awhile to eat. also the little chocolate bars from slimfast are nice and low calorie. also fiber plus bars are reallllyyy yummy in the chocolate flavors and low calorie too. yoomoo frozen yogurt satisfies an ice cream craving and a cup of chocolate puffed cereal is a great snack in the evening . good luck!
  • heatherhb55
    Options
    Trader Joes has 100 calorie chocolate bars that are a life saver. I tend to eat about 1 a day in order to deal with my cravings. They taste 100% like normal chocolate they have milk and dark varieties. They are a life saver.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Here :) this is my site that I started to help people with some ideas regarding what I eat in order to lose or maintain my weight.
    Feel free to post your ideas, recipes.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371
  • kristiwolford1
    kristiwolford1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you able to get Stevia extract in England? I have started using the flavored drops in my water as well as to sweeten up my coffee, to replace the flavored creamer I used to use. It is very sweet and does satisfy the sweet tooth a bit, the only downfall is you don't get the pleasure of chewing.