Need some buds...

Options

Replies

• Tatt2luvr
    Tatt2luvr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for support too. I myself have a desk job, and I find it hard to sneak in activity. Good Luck - you can get your hourglass figure back. Don't give up. =)
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I would love any friends from this group, I've added a couple of you already from this thread but feel free to send me a request if I didn't get around to you (need to get off the computer and work out).

I'm 20 next month, a third year psychology major in a small Canadian university. I'm doing Jillian Michaels 90 Day Body Revolution at the moment and when I get back to school I'm going to be starting NROL4W (no gym membership until I go back to school, sigh).

Just sort of tired of when I sometimes check my friends diary and they only eat like 800 calories, 1200 calories, or something low like that. I feel sort of guilty for eating so much sometimes, I wonder what they'd think if they checked my (open to friends) diary. Haha for this reason, I'd love friends from this group!
  • Pgonzal2972
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!

I'm 40, 5ft even - I have about 30 - 35 more pounds I'd like to lose.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options

Desk job.

We have something in common !! :)
    Honestly though, I just started working out/eating healthier again after some months of chaos, I'd love to support and be supported. Add me! :)
  • desahra
    desahra Posts: 5
    Options
    I hate cardio but I enjoy doing workout videos at home that are either all weightlifting or a combo of both weights and cardio.

Cardio isn't as effective at weightloss as we gals have been led to believe. It's better to do at least *some* strength training as well, to build up muscle that burns more fat!

I also:
    -am trying to lose more slowly.
    -am at risk for diabetes (my mother has Type 2)
    -suffer depressive bouts (had one of those Monday night :ohwell: )
    -am ashamed and embarrassed by my weight
    -am supportive!!!!
    -love books. What kind do you read? Fantasy here.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I really don't have a favorite genre...I read just about anything as long as it is well written. I just finished the Millenium Trillogy (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) books and I just loved them. I'm looking for another series to keep me occupied.
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    Just sent you a friends request! :)
  • CMGemstone
    CMGemstone Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too am trying to loose weight the right way and keep it off. You are more than welcome to add me so we can be there for each other!
  • MandyJaneRose
    MandyJaneRose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Personality-wise, you sound just like me. I am sarcastic and pessimistic, but with a good heart. I have also dealt with depression my whole life, and I have a heart condition (which I find a bit embarrassing as well, because I'm only 25!). I am finding that the healthier I am weight-and-food-wise, the healthier I feel mentally. It's not a magic trick to improve your health and then suddenly feel "cured" of depression, but it has ben helping me for sure.

My weight and fitness goals are different (I'm 5'5", already fairly slim, looking to get in better shape because I'm a weakling and have no endurance) but I'm a good MFP friend!

As for the video thing, I have been really into yoga lately (because of a knee-injury, I've had a tough time doing much cardio at the gym) and although I attend a class twice a week, I also find that there are lots of free videos on YouTube that I've enjoyed doing even on mute while I watch a movie.

Oh, and I'm a major book nerd.
  • CMGemstone
    Options
    I really don't have a favorite genre...I read just about anything as long as it is well written. I just finished the Millenium Trillogy (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) books and I just loved them. I'm looking for another series to keep me occupied.

Have you ever read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon? It is 7 books so far with another one coming out next fall and there is a spin off series of 4 books. AMAZING!
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    We all could use new friends, we need all the motiviation we can get. You can add me :flowerforyou:
  • DelilahCat0212
    Options

Have you ever read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon? It is 7 books so far with another one coming out next fall and there is a spin off series of 4 books. AMAZING!

I was hoping someone would suggest that series!!! I have the first book but I haven't started it yet. Yay, new series!

It took me 9 months to get through the 3 Dragon Tattoo books...I would get heavy into jewelry project and not read for a couple weeks. 7 books will keep me busy quite awhile.
  • DelilahCat0212
    Options
    testing to see if this works...it did it did! It's huge though...

526742_3954379020698_61304052_n.jpg
  • DelilahCat0212
    Options
    two more...

25300_1415513910657_1873965_n.jpg

283984_1415513750653_8248987_n.jpg
  • DelilahCat0212
    Options
    well...they got smushed. you get the idea.
  • honeybfly002
    Options
    We ALL need support which is what lead us here! And you're talented too!!!! request coming....:smile:
  • Obnoxusred
    Options
    I'm just getting started here myself. I can use all the help and support I can get. I'm 56, was just diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, 2 bad knees, so my exercise, at least for now, will be your basic walking. I've got tons of weight to lose, and really need to get my sugar under control. Hopeful that changing my eating habits, and some more exercise, and the sugar numbers will come down as well as my weight. I'd be more than happy to offer my friendship, and support, and cheerfully accept yours in return!!!:happy: :happy:
  • Obnoxusred
    Options
    I can't think of the name of the author, but a series of books I read last summer was the ,"Game of Thrones," series. The books are a really good read, and if you've watched the series they made from the books on HBO, it's amazing how well the TV series follows the books.
  • CMGemstone
    Options
    I LOVE that series. I couldn't put the first one down and read it in 3 days!
  • surf_frog34
    Options
    You can add me, in fact, anyone can add me. The more support and accountability, the better.