Need help with my sweet tooth

Options
124»

Replies

• sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    Skinny cow stuff is GREAT and does not taste 'diet '. Also, I bought a bag of ghiradeli (idk if spelling is correct) dark chocolate squares and when I'm craving sweets -pretty much all the time - I eat 1 square S l o w l y . That helps me.
    Good luck
  • CCloud5754
    CCloud5754 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    TRY FLAVORED SPARKLING WATER. ITS TASTE REALLY SWEET BUT IS NOT. IT COMES IN A WIDE VARIETY OF FLAVORS AND YOU CAN BUY IT VERY INEXPENSIVE AT WALMART. MY FAVORITE IS THE BLUEBERRY POMEGRANITE SPARKLING WATER. YUMMY. IF IT HAS TO BE CHOCOLATE, I GET THE BLOCK OF UNSWEETED CHOCOLATE, MELT IT DOWN, MIX IN SOME SPLENDA AND SPREAD IT ON NON STICK ALUMINUM FOIL AND LET IT COOL.. TRY DIPPING STRAWBERRIES IN UNSWEETED CHOCOLATE AND FREEZE THEM. YUMMY, MY MOUTH IS WATERING.
    1 OUNCE OF FROZEN BLUE BERRIES OF BLACK BERRIES ARE VERY SWEET TREATS.

I HAVE A CHEESE ISSUE. I LOVE AND CRAVE CHEESE. I CAN ONLY HAVE 4 OUNCES A DAY BUT COULD EAT MUCH MORE.
  • victoriousnrltm
    Options
    Stevia! It comes in powder or liquid & you can get in flavors.... like chocolate or vanilla. My kids love the vanilla in their milk. 0 calories totally sweet. Someone will surely say they tried it the powder packets & it was bitter. It depends on what they mix it with. I use Wholesome sweeteners Organic Stevia packets in my coffee but for everything else I use the liquid; yogurt, smoothies, avocado chocolate pudding, homemade popsicles.
    Also, Sunbutter! So flippin' good. 2TBS 200 cal. 7 protein 7 carbs. YUM
    Congrats on the loss.
  • lornaheron
    lornaheron Posts: 72
    Options
    Ive replaced chocolates cakes and biscuits with mixed nuts and dried fruit. I haven't touched them for at least a month now. The sugar cravings eventually go, apart from the TOM, we all crave then. Mixed nuts are good for filling you up, and nibbling on.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    I am a SWEET FREAK!!! LOL I keep eating them though. It probably isn't the healthiest advice, but I'm stuck on skinny cow stuff. They have candy bars, ice cream bars and other yummies (avoid the ice cream cup in cookies n' cream - not good!) and they won't break your calorie bank.

Also for a quick fix, I'll eat those chocolate wedges from trader joes. YUM!
  • carlyincardigan
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies, so this may have been offered already, but here's what helps me: Peel and slice an apple, sprinkle pumpkin pie spice or just cinnamon over the top and but in the microwave for about 30 seconds, sometimes up to a minute. It is really good!!

I buy SimplyLite chocolate at Trader Joe's, I don't think they have them in England, but you can look it up online. Kozy Shack has a sugar-free pudding line that is really delicious, all around 60-80 calories, but I don't know how you feel about artificial sweeteners, I try and limit mine.

Lindt makes an 85% cacao chocolate bar that, if you practice moderation, shouldn't harm your weight-loss, there's fiber, and not a lot of sugar in it.

Good job on your weight loss!
  • wwoelbel
    wwoelbel Posts: 23
    Options
    Two things that help me with sweet cravings (one is healthy but not really low-cal)

1) 1/2 Cup Fage greek yoghurt (it is less 'tangy'), a big splash of sugar free ameretto syrup, mix well and top with fresh berries

2) Cocoa - date balls. Rehydrate dried dates, and in heaps of natural cocoa powder, mash into a smooth paste, add in fiber cereal. Roll into 1 inch balls and roll in unsweetened dried coconut. The fat is low, the sugar is atleast unprocessed, but the cals are not 'low'.

Ghiradeli (sp?) really dark chocolate squares are the cat's meow!
  • gharbutts
    gharbutts Posts: 4
    Options
    Freeze dried fruit, especially mangoes, really hits my sweet spot for only like 80 calories. As for chocolate and ice cream and the like, cut up some fresh fruit, put it in a bowl with light whipped cream and a teeny bit of reduced sugar chocolate syrup. I do this with frozen berries too. It's decadent and usually around 150 calories.

OH also, Popsicle brand fudgsicles are only 40 calories each, and their creamsicles are only 20 per pop.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    OK here is my method: I shared this with a few people and it's worked for them, so I would highly recommend it!

The more sugar we eat, the more we want. Your taste buds get used to it - de-sensitized. I used to have a sweet tooth bigger than Texas. I mean I could sit and eat half a jar of frosting by the spoonful, without blinking. I could eat spoonfuls of straight sugar. I would crave sweet things with a desire that was impossible to ignore. But with a diabetic mother (Type II), being severely obese, and being Native American (high risk), I knew I had to get off the habit. This was about five years ago...and I tested something out.

I decided to go for 7 days without any sugar. No honey in my tea, no baked goods, no candies, nothing that had added sugar in it, NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER, and not too much fruit. It was pretty difficult. I would get antsy and come as close as having a cookie ON MY LIPS, before I would throw it away and walk out of the house in desperation to stick to my goal. I lived in a house that always had unhealthy food around - making it even more difficult. I kept a small bag of raisins around, of which I would allow myself 3-4 to calm my cravings. Then by about the 4th or 5th day, the cravings had subsided. By the 7th day, I decided to go on 3 more days, and went 10 days without any sugar. And it worked. My cravings were so dull, and sugar tasted so much sweeter for months and months afterwards. That's when I started losing weight again.

After that, sugar tasted sweeter to me. I notice more the effect it has on my mood and energy levels, and too much makes me uncomfortable. When people say "ooooh this is too sweet" I ACTUALLY agree with them, instead of pretending to agree with them to not sound like a fatty. I admit, my sweet tooth has reared it's ugly head a few times in the last 5 years. Like around my birthday, or the holidays, when I let myself go or I am surrounded by sweets. Then, I'll just do the process again: 7 days without sugars. And voila!

Please try it!
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    What baby cook said. Seriously. I have major problems with this. My sweet tooth is my downfall. Red velvet cake, no-bake cookies, lemon poppy seed muffins, I could go on... I have found, though, in the past that these kinds of foods create addiction-like cravings, and, like any addiction, they will recede with abstinence. Think of yourself as breaking up with those foods and getting some much-needed distance. Maybe one day you can be friends again, but right now, it's just too painful. haha (This is what I'm going to be telling myself these next few months.)