I always feel hungry.

Options
2»

Replies

• CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Try low density calorie meals like salads and lean chicken, that way you get to have more food but still staying within your limits.
  • joslin2005
    joslin2005 Posts: 138
    Options
    My suggestion would be evaluate your meals. Are you eating healthy foods or eating junk food but staying within your calorie limits.

The first time I did calorie counting, I was eating whatever I felt like (chips, fast food, etc) and staying within my calories but I was hungry all the time. This time around, the majority of my meals are homecooked, snacking wisely, eating until I'm satisfied (not full), and eating balanced meals. I am not always hungry this time and easily stay under my calorie goal.

If your eating healthy and still hungry, then try re-evaluating your calories. You may need to up your intake.
  • knama5
    knama5 Posts: 27
    Options
    What do i need to do to open my diary ? How do i show my weight lose like some of you do ? Someone said i could be eating junk and still be within my calories. I am not looking at this as a diet i want a true life change, so i have not had junk since i started. I am always open to new ideas and very thankful for all your help.:flowerforyou:
  • sophiesanewmommy
    Options
    What really curbs my hunger is psyllium husk. I mix it with my meal replacement shake then I drink lots of water durring the day. Psyllium husk expands in ur tummy making you feel full. At least thats what I heard. Works for me.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Protein and fat are more satiating than carbs, though that doesn't mean you shouldn't make sure you get a good dose of the fruits and veggies. Eat your meat!
  • boweed70
    boweed70 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Protein, fiber, and water are filling. Make sure you get plenty of these three and you won't be hungry all the time.
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out the Eat More to Weigh Less Group? I started back in April after eating around 1300 and now I am at 1650 and I am still losing about a pounds a week after a slight readjustment period. Go to http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/and enter your stats, Then eat at least your BMR up to TDEE-15%. I am such as a less hungry & cranky person now - look into it!
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    I ate plenty of fruit, veggies and protein today and have 1000 daily cals left for supper. I am drinking water right now and not feeling hungry at all.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    In the menu across the top to go Settings and then Diary Settings. You can change it, so it's not private. Also if you click on Tools and go to Tickers, you can make one that shows your progress. Hope that helps!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Spread your food out as far as you can.

If you normally have a sandwich, a fruit and pretzels for lunch... have the fruit. Then an hour later eat the pretzels. Then an hour later eat the sandwich.

I find that "snacking" all morning/afternoon and having 2 meals later in the day really helps me a lot.
  • sdeloris37
    sdeloris37 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree, fiber will fill you up. Also, drinking a lot of water helps.