Hi, I'm Samantha, but everyone calls me "Whale"...

Options
Hey, my name is Samantha.
For over half of my life I have been bullied because of my weight, & what I look like.
I've always tried losing weight, but it's never worked. I never stick with it, & I always gain everything back..
I'm ready for a change, I'm tired of being self-conscious. Many people think that I don't care what people think about me, but it's just a front I put on. I actually care deeply.

I am around 202 lbs. [depending on the day]
I'm around 5'9''.

All my weight is in my stomach.
I need support, I need friends. I need help understanding my body and I need a group of friends to help me.. I know this won't be easy, but I know it will be worth it.

Since I was 9 I've been called "beached whale". Whenever girls & me get into fights, they always jump straight to calling me fat.. I'm ready to be healthy & happy. I need support & if any one would like to support me, I would love if you added me!

Thanks,
Sammy! <3

Replies

• Sonnie124
    Sonnie124 Posts: 99
    Options
    Hey Samantha, you can add me as a friend. Congratulations on wanting to change your life and be healthy. Notice I didn't say happy? That comes from within and when you start to love yourself, you will be a happier person!
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome - coming here is the first step. You will find alot of helpful advice and people that know what you are going through becasue we too are going through the process of losing weight. I find that I hold myself more accountable when I log my food and activity every day. Good Luck on your journey

Lauren

you can add me as a friend if you like :)
  • SammySays
    SammySays Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey Samantha, you can add me as a friend. Congratulations on wanting to change your life and be healthy. Notice I didn't say happy? That comes from within and when you start to love yourself, you will be a happier person!

Thanks, this means a lot! <3
  • SammySays
    Options
    Welcome - coming here is the first step. You will find alot of helpful advice and people that know what you are going through becasue we too are going through the process of losing weight. I find that I hold myself more accountable when I log my food and activity every day. Good Luck on your journey

Lauren

you can add me as a friend if you like :)

Thank you, & I will!
  • Gr3y_Knight
    Options
    Hello Samantha, congratulations on wanting to make a change. Feel free to add me to your support network.
  • SammySays
    Options
    Hello Samantha, congratulations on wanting to make a change. Feel free to add me to your support network.

Thanks, I will!
  • may17O3
    may17O3 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Samantha! We almost have the same stats, except I'm 5'8. I've been hovering around 202 to 201 for awhile now. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Sissy1074
    Sissy1074 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Samantha!
    New here myself and looking for the same things!
    I will "friend" you!

Congrats on starting a new chapter!
  • jessw1823
    jessw1823 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hey Samantha! Congrats on wanting to make some changes! Like others have said, this is a GREAT place to start! You can definitely receive a lot of support on here. Feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hey sammie, really "whale"? Some people make me so angry! My daughter is really tall and at the beginning of the school year (6th grade btw), girls teased her cause she is 5'9" and 11. Not only that she was a size 12-14. She decided on her own to cut back what she ate and by the end of the year she dropped to a size 8. We just got back from the beach where she sported a bikini and looked amazing (her daddy hated it). I told her when she was so upset to tell those girls that she could always lose weight but they couldn't lose stupid. Show them up:)
  • SammySays
    Options
    Hi Samantha! We almost have the same stats, except I'm 5'8. I've been hovering around 202 to 201 for awhile now. Feel free to add me! :)

Thanks! & I'm somewhere between 5'8'' to 5'9''. ha, :)
  • SammySays
    Options
    Hey sammie, really "whale"? Some people make me so angry! My daughter is really tall and at the beginning of the school year (6th grade btw), girls teased her cause she is 5'9" and 11. Not only that she was a size 12-14. She decided on her own to cut back what she ate and by the end of the year she dropped to a size 8. We just got back from the beach where she sported a bikini and looked amazing (her daddy hated it). I told her when she was so upset to tell those girls that she could always lose weight but they couldn't lose stupid. Show them up:)

Thank you so much, & girls are so cruel!
  • SammySays
    Options
    Hey Samantha! Congrats on wanting to make some changes! Like others have said, this is a GREAT place to start! You can definitely receive a lot of support on here. Feel free to add me if you like! :)
    Thanks, I will!
  • SammySays
    Options
    Hi Samantha!
    New here myself and looking for the same things!
    I will "friend" you!

Congrats on starting a new chapter!

Thanks for the request, I'll be accepting! <3
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    I got called "Shamu" behind my back once in 9th grade, and I'll never forget it. People can be such jerks. But you can do this, and I've added you as a friend! :)
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    girls and women can be so mean! guys can too but many females are especially vicious, I think. I've been where you are, Samantha. Those comments cut deep and leave terrible scars. I sport such scars, but know in time they will fade--you probably won't forget, but I use the memories as just one of many motivations to keep moving forward! just your subject line brought tears to my eyes. I agree with the poster that said being thin won't make you happy. I also know since I have gotten control over my health and my body to a certain degree, I have gained confidence, which helps me FEEL more attractive. When I look in the mirror, or other people look at me, I may not look dramatically different on the outside, but I feel so much better on the inside. I know I am taking care of myself, I am gaining self-discipline and self-restraint, and I know I'm worth the time and the effort it is taking to make these changes. You are worth it too! You can make the changes you want to make, one step at a time. Expect setbacks and plateaus, but know that we here on MFP will help you through those when they come. This has been a wonderfully supportive community and traveling this road with others has been infinitely helpful. I'll send a friend request... :)
  • SammySays
    Options
    I got called "Shamu" behind my back once in 9th grade, and I'll never forget it. People can be such jerks. But you can do this, and I've added you as a friend! :)

Shamu is there favorite to call me because my name's Sam, go figure! Thanks, & I accepted!
  • SammySays
    Options
    girls and women can be so mean! guys can too but many females are especially vicious, I think. I've been where you are, Samantha. Those comments cut deep and leave terrible scars. I sport such scars, but know in time they will fade--you probably won't forget, but I use the memories as just one of many motivations to keep moving forward! just your subject line brought tears to my eyes. I agree with the poster that said being thin won't make you happy. I also know since I have gotten control over my health and my body to a certain degree, I have gained confidence, which helps me FEEL more attractive. When I look in the mirror, or other people look at me, I may not look dramatically different on the outside, but I feel so much better on the inside. I know I am taking care of myself, I am gaining self-discipline and self-restraint, and I know I'm worth the time and the effort it is taking to make these changes. You are worth it too! You can make the changes you want to make, one step at a time. Expect setbacks and plateaus, but know that we here on MFP will help you through those when they come. This has been a wonderfully supportive community and traveling this road with others has been infinitely helpful. I'll send a friend request... :)

Thanks for sharing, & I accepted!
  • Pooh1981
    Pooh1981 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am around 5'9" also but my weight is hovering around the 220-225 lbs. range! I was constantly made fun of in school and I decided to make a change also! I am really trying to lose the weight around middle area but I will take what I can get. I hope we will be great friends and if ever you need someone to talk to I will be here! Will send a friend request to you also!

Thanks,
    Laura
  • instyle22
    instyle22 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey, my name is Samantha.
    For over half of my life I have been bullied because of my weight, & what I look like.
    I've always tried losing weight, but it's never worked. I never stick with it, & I always gain everything back..
    I'm ready for a change, I'm tired of being self-conscious. Many people think that I don't care what people think about me, but it's just a front I put on. I actually care deeply.

I am around 202 lbs. [depending on the day]
    I'm around 5'9''.

All my weight is in my stomach.
    I need support, I need friends. I need help understanding my body and I need a group of friends to help me.. I know this won't be easy, but I know it will be worth it.

Since I was 9 I've been called "beached whale". Whenever girls & me get into fights, they always jump straight to calling me fat.. I'm ready to be healthy & happy. I need support & if any one would like to support me, I would love if you added me!

Thanks,
    Sammy! <3