I'm too old--NO WAY...--for real? I'm scared--but Ima DO IT!

NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
Years and YEARS ago, when I first started putting on weight (when I was about 160 pounds and totally outta shape) I took this Tae Kwon Do class that was awesome. It has so hard though, and I so totally outta shape, I QUIT like a big dog, because it was too hard--but I still liked it A LOT--but quit--because it was too hard and the REAL reason is I was LAZY and indifferent.

After all these years (at least 10), I thought about the class and called to see if it was still there, and
:indifferent: BLAST :glasses: IT IS STILL THERE! Now I'm still outta shape to do this kinda thing, but the Master was very patient with me back then and had me modify stuff. I just left a message with his answering machine and ya know what?????

I'm going to rejoin. I'll bet he calls me back to let me know he has a class tonight:love::noway: I actually hope he does call back today and class will start for me today.

I'm scared, but I'm going to do it The reason I dropped out before was the before practice exercises--MAN, it was major league kick tail back then and then we did AFTER practice working out which was major fat crying sessions as well. I'm going to DO IT, I'm excited--but scared. I WANT and NEED to doTHIS for my body and mind too--SCARY NSV for me--but I'm going for it.

ETA: The replies from this post is what actually inspired me to call was this post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/628025-age-40-s-50-s-60-s-weight-loss-stories-please

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    That is AWESOME! Never ever too old to try something new or even again! As they say "You are only as old as you feel!" Go for it! :flowerforyou:
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Your never too old good luck add me if you need support
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    He didn't call me back yesterday or so far today...maybe a blessing in disguise--maybe!
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Years and YEARS ago, when I first started putting on weight (when I was about 160 pounds and totally outta shape) I took this Tae Kwon Do class that was awesome. It has so hard though, and I so totally outta shape, I QUIT like a big dog, because it was too hard--but I still liked it A LOT--but quit--because it was too hard and the REAL reason is I was LAZY and indifferent.

After all these years (at least 10), I thought about the class and called to see if it was still there, and
    :indifferent: BLAST :glasses: IT IS STILL THERE! Now I'm still outta shape to do this kinda thing, but the Master was very patient with me back then and had me modify stuff. I just left a message with his answering machine and ya know what?????

I'm going to rejoin. I'll bet he calls me back to let me know he has a class tonight:love::noway: I actually hope he does call back today and class will start for me today.

I'm scared, but I'm going to do it The reason I dropped out before was the before practice exercises--MAN, it was major league kick tail back then and then we did AFTER practice working out which was major fat crying sessions as well. I'm going to DO IT, I'm excited--but scared. I WANT and NEED to doTHIS for my body and mind too--SCARY NSV for me--but I'm going for it.

ETA: The replies from this post is what actually inspired me to call was this post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/628025-age-40-s-50-s-60-s-weight-loss-stories-please

My daughter is a TKD black belt (testing for 2nd dan in Oct).

It is great exercise, and at her school, class is different all the time.

Don't push too hard at first since you aren't used to it yet, but we've had several people start severely overweight and drop pounds.

http://leeskoreanmartialarts.wordpress.com/
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

Don't push too hard at first since you aren't used to it yet, but we've had several people start severely overweight and drop pounds.

Thank you so much...I did my Schwinn Airdyne Bike and treadmill again last night, while listening to some music and MAN...it was intense--my fat was crying something fierce and I started thinking about how hard this class is going to be, so I will definitely take it easy and THANKS for the link!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member

Thank you so much...I did my Schwinn Airdyne Bike and treadmill again last night, while listening to some music and MAN...it was intense--my fat was crying something fierce and I started thinking about how hard this class is going to be, so I will definitely take it easy and THANKS for the link!

I LOVE IT when my fat and muscles are crying after a workout!
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    You are never too old to do your body good. Don't be too hard on yourself if you can't do some of the workout...baby steps...you can do it!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    When we stop saying CAN"T and start thinking " I think I can" we cross a mighty big bridge. That's part of my vow...never having to say I can't, always be willing to at least try, giving it all that I can. Hey this ol gal conquered the rock wall on my cruise this spring. It wasn't pretty, but I DID IT !! You can do...call him back or better yet go and see him in person. No excuses !!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    You guys are tremendous..thank you!

A really :drinker: COOL :smokin: Mfper sent me a note with this link on it, and honey...it's encouraging and AMAZING as ALL get-out! Please look at this drop dead gorgeous chick and what she's doing....hmmmp:smooched:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18346128

THANK YOU COOL Mfp pal for sending me this--exactly what the doctor ordered!
  • When we stop saying CAN"T and start thinking " I think I can" we cross a mighty big bridge. That's part of my vow...never having to say I can't, always be willing to at least try, giving it all that I can. Hey this ol gal conquered the rock wall on my cruise this spring. It wasn't pretty, but I DID IT !! You can do...call him back or better yet go and see him in person. No excuses !!

I have a few quotes that are along those lines: "The moment that one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves, too." Another few that I say are "If you look for obstacles, you'll find them" and "If you think you CAN'T do something, you'll be correct."

Having "the right attitude" is no guarantee of success...but it's a great start and sure helps your odds.

(and as an FYI, I'll be starting to lift very shortly...at age 45. And my wife will be joining me, at age....older than 45).
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    You can do it! Do it! Your life is waiting for youuuuuu!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    DOOOOOO ITTTTTT!!!!!!
  • justme0362
    justme0362 Posts: 38

A really :drinker: COOL :smokin: Mfper sent me a note with this link on it, and honey...it's encouraging and AMAZING as ALL get-out! Please look at this drop dead gorgeous chick and what she's doing....hmmmp:smooched:

Wow ... thanks for sharing that link. No more excuses for me :)
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Tae Kwon Do kicks *kitten*...literally
  • justme0362
    justme0362 Posts: 38
    Tae Kwon Do kicks *kitten*...literally
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh--WOW:love:

Okay folks, he called me and it's ON:noway:

It's going to be three days per week, for the same price (he said for me:wink: ) that it was all those Many, many, many years ago...so reasonable, it's SCARY and honey, I'm scared! I start this week:blushing:

This is more thrilling than bungee jumping off the empire state building for me....It's going to be so hard--but I've got a good attitude and this is exactly what the flab, yucky big ole gut/butt and FAT is begging me NOT to embark upon. I'm doing it...YIKES and YAY at the same time :bigsmile:

P.S. Woo-hoooooo and Oh my:noway:
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,071 Member

What an inspiring woman she is! Awesome.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

What an inspiring woman she is! Awesome.

Inspirational indeed--a HUGE wonderful inspiration for me--HUGE!!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Had my first class today and it was.........

FANTASTIC! Yes, it was hard, yes my fat was crying and screaming and hollering something fierce (sweating) but I'm so thrilled to do this, I proved to myself that I can do this--big ole WOOT!

The master told me I look very strong (I told him I'm FAT now, since the last time he saw me and he said i'm not fat looking, but I look very strong, even stronger than the last time he saw me 12 years ago and he said I look young too :bigsmile: .

MAN! This class is so awesome, because we're doing major league core exercises like CRAZY. My main concern was that i can't breath during work-outs (endurance & stamina), the fabulous thing (THANK YOU LORD) is I feel so much OXYGEN now, after the class....that is huge for me. I'll be going 3 times per week.

big ole NSV!!!!!! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!