Needing some friends here

Options
Hi, I am starting on my weight loss goal and would love to have some friends to give a little support, and would love to help someone if I could too. This is so tough for me since I have gained so much and am not working for two years almost. I am the type that needs to stay active and busy and all I have been is depressed for quite awhile now. Going to college for 1 1/2 years, graduating, and not being able to find work still makes it even worse for me. Need some guidance now please.....

Replies

• nene01pop
    nene01pop Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    add me... I just started yesterday and the inspiration is phenomenal that people give on here... always encouraging!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Welcome. The MFP plan has been working for me. Fill out your profile accurately, log everything honestly, and follow the numbers. It has been working for me.
  • can3mwh
    can3mwh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Would gladly be friends, not sure how much guidance I can give but I could be a good cheerleader.
  • mrmv
    mrmv Posts: 95
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great site and very supportive!!
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Good luck, feel free to add me!
  • NancyG55
    NancyG55 Posts: 86
    Options
    TY for accepting my friend request! I have already started tracking my progress, and it seems to be a good site. Glad to know you!
  • hevhoyda
    hevhoyda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • PrincessShay135
    Options
    Congratulations on finishing college!!!!
    Add me as a friend, we can help keep each other accountable.
  • danimal5867
    danimal5867 Posts: 390
    Options
    Welcome. The MFP plan has been working for me. Fill out your profile accurately, log everything honestly, and follow the numbers. It has been working for me.

This might be the best advice you'll ever get here on MFP. I've been here for two months and I'm halfway to my goal by just following this simple plan.
  • chica23GK
    chica23GK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    HELLO & welcome :) I've only been here a few months but have found MFP very helpful. Feel free to add me or join a group, like the group that I'm in (for "50+ ladies" w/other ages also) - we're a friendly bunch :)
  • spulido01
    spulido01 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. The more the better. It's always great to have some on hand inspiration. Follow the plan and don't beat yourself up if you don't.

Sharon
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I can relate to several of the things that you mentioned. I would love to support you!
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nancy! I just started too and happily added you :)
  • need_thinspo
    Options
    same , im new here! c: add me if you want
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want...anyone can really
  • suz30078
    suz30078 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey there!! I'm so proud of you for getting started on your new, fitter, healthier life! I've been using MFP for about 6 months and absolutely love it and rely on it to keep me accountable for my calories in/calories out. I now recommend it to all of my clients to help them keep themselves accountable! Please feel free to add me as a friend- I will try to help encourage you on your journey. :-) Suzanne
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • RenitaDeShanne
    RenitaDeShanne Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I am currently going back to college and also needing to lose a large amount of weight for health reasons. We can both uplift each other to lose weight and stay positive.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Good luck and feel free to add me :)
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Here are some useful site :)
    Healthy recipes: I upload them myself, this is how I lost 22 lbs in 4 months, instead of counting calories, I was eating healthy homemade foods + portion control :)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371

Workouts:
    www.bodyrock.tv
    www.myomytv.com
    www.diet.com

Good luck, feel free to add me !