WHY Are you losing weight?

Options

Replies

• munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    Im not entirely sure :| I mean there are the obvious reasons of looks, confidence and health but I cant for the life of me think of what made me get my buns in gear this time and not some other time or further down the road. I guess Im just ready. Or at least I hope I am :P
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I am getting in shape because awesomeness never stands still. You have to be fit enough to chase that sucker down! :bigsmile:
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    Ive been wanting abs ever since I was into Bruce Lee as a teenager. This is the year.
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    One day I woke up and I said "I'm so tired of complaining about being fat, I'm gonna try to do something about it" I didn't like knowing I couldn't be active without a struggle, my blood pressure sucks, my resting heart rate sucked, and I started wearing at size 14/16 jean. I just decided I wasn't gonna have to either put up or shut up....so I shut up and started working out!!
  • etrader24
    etrader24 Posts: 21
    Options
    I am losing weight because most of my family is overweight and diabetic. My dad has had a quadruple bypass done when he was only 48 because of his awful eating habits. he is also a very sick diabetic and has been blind because of diabetes, and i dont want to be like that for my future family. also, i would like to be happy with my body for a change (: i have 18 pounds til my goal. good luck to you!
  • Prettydoll589
    Prettydoll589 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Im doing it because I want to be healthy and look good, plussss this might sound stupid, but my boyfriend told me that he is going to give me an engagement ring if I become "culito" hahahahahaha
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    First and foremost I am doing this myself. I want to be healthy, and I don't want to put myself at risk of certain health conditions in the future.
  • RaqibMarvelous
    Options
    I've gone my whole life with people saying nasty things to me about being hideous. In 2011, I worked at Target, and I was cashiering one day. There was one other cashier working, and a woman avoided my lane, went to the other one, and said, "I didn't want that gross looking guy to ring my things up, I might catch something!"

So, my motivation is to simply avoid hearing things like that.
  • desertdutchman
    desertdutchman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just turned 60. My dad is 83 and can't get himself out of a chair without assistance because of his huge belly. I don't want to become like that.
    I'm following a controlled carb diet and my energy level is way higher than it used to be. I've lost 25 pounds in the past 13 months and still have 15 more to go.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    At first, it was because my husband and I are going to Turkey (his home country) this August. We are doing cruises and an early celebration of our 1st year anniversary-- I wanted to look good. Then, the more I saw results and felt stronger, I realized that I had a real chance *not* to be the chubby friends-- NOT to hate myself when I went shopping for clothes, and not have to turn in disgust from the mirror! Or hide myself from my husband-- I could be someone different. I have a new goal-- forget August, I want to be bikini material by December! And even if it's cold (though, it's Texas, so I doubt it will be,) I will be pouncing around in that bikini allll day.
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    All of my grandparents, my mom & 2 of my siblings have fought cancer. My father and brother heart disease. Odds of my body taking care of business on it's own...not so good. So I'm doing something no one in my family has ever done...I'm taking care of myself!!! That's # 1. # 2 is much more shallow, I've been single waaaaaaay too long, hoping a better bod might take it up a notch! =-)
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight because my body is and likes to be a certain size. I had an unhealthy spell and went over that by 10-15 pounds. I'm just trying to get back to where my body likes to be and where I look and feel best. So I guess it's primarily for my health and well being.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    I don't have the personality to pull off fat.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    1. To enjoy my vacation
    2. Because I had false arthritis symptoms for a week and I got very scared
    3. Cause too many people I know are dying from various things
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Because my "fat" clothes got too small. lol I refused to buy bigger clothes
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    To look sexy naked, duh!!
    lol

I don't want my kids to grow up and be embarassed by me.
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My main reason is definitely to be healthy. I have not been treating my body well for awhile now, and I can definitely feel (and see) the effects. I want to go back to the way I felt when I was at a healthy weight, and also had more sleep and less stress!

Of course I have my shallow reasons too. I *hate* shopping in plus size clothing stores! I really can't wait to be able to shop anywhere I want again. I also just want to look good, and feel sexier when I'm with my boyfriend.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    - To feel amazing
    - So my thighs won't rub together when walking or running
    - So I can live a longer life
    - So I can put on a shirt and not see the rolls through the shirt
    - So I can wear a bikini in public
    - Boost esteem
  • mlynnea03
    mlynnea03 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Quote-"I've gone my whole life with people saying nasty things to me about being hideous. In 2011, I worked at Target, and I was cashiering one day. There was one other cashier working, and a woman avoided my lane, went to the other one, and said, "I didn't want that gross looking guy to ring my things up, I might catch something!"

So, my motivation is to simply avoid hearing things like that."

Your experience was very unfortunate and something that no one should ever have to deal with. It is also unfortunate that life can be that way sometimes regardless of what you do to change, so do not let the opinions of others determine how you feel about your self. Although looking better is one of my motivations to lose weight, loving myself throughout this journey and afterwards is most important.
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    I want to look good naked. And also to look good with my shirt off during spring break.