Kinesio Taping

Options
Kinesio Taping...has anyone tried it and did it end up working for you? I'm having some Shin Splints when i run. i was thinking of trying Kinesio Taping. Also is this something that could only be bought at a sporting store or can i be purchased anywhere.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I've used it on both shin splints and on my sore achilles. I also put it on the back of my arms occasionally but that's just to keep my rope from giving me welts when I miss.

I only used it on the shin splints once. Well, several times, but for the same occurrence, if you get what i mean. It worked and I didn't have to stop working out. I use them for my Achilles more often as that's been a sore spot for me for a while. I like it and I feel better, but I can't swear to you that it's not mostly a mental thing.

I usually find it right on the shelf next to other bandages and wraps at my local sporting goods store.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    thanks! i'm going to buy some and try it out
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Great. I recommend that if you haven't already, you check out the how to videos on how to apply the tape. K-Tape is the brand I've been using and they have a couple dozen videos for various areas on their site. I'm sure the other brands do too, I'm just not familiar with them.
  • kabarnes45
    kabarnes45 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ive been using KT for my knee tracking problems and it is great. It gives as much support as a brace but is much more comfortable. Seems like it'd be perfect for shin splints but I suggest watching a few different vids because there are a lot of different techniques and you have to figure out which works best for you. i had to go to a sporting goods store as target/walmart/pharmacy did not carry it. good luck!
  • thebradshaw
    Options
    q