Tough Mudder

Options

Replies

• Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I did the Merrill Down and Dirty Mudrun Dallas a couple of weeks ago. It is not as extreme as tough mudder. It was awesome. Had a great time and a great workout. Now I am hooked and looking for other mudruns to do in my area!!!

Have fun and get a group to do it with you!
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Ultimate goal. I will do this next year! Anyone ever done or want to do this too?
    http://toughmudder.com/events/california-socal-1-2013/?gclid=CKr7hoP9w7ACFagaQgod9DUoYg

I was talking to my sister about this the otherday. I definitely want to train for a year and do one next year.... it wont be easy, that is for sure
  • cc7315
    cc7315 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hopefully will catch it next year!

I'm doing the Colorado Warrior Dash later this summer, however!

Finished the WD this weekend! It's a blast!! Good luck
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    It's my ultimate goal, set for April 2013.
  • chloeelebeir
    chloeelebeir Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm currently training for one in Sept!! This will be my first one!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I am planning doing one the summer of 2013. I'm going to do a warrior dash and a Spartan race to get ready for it. I was talking to friend about it and they said they would rather just run a half marathon. my first thought was how nice it was that they put some fun obstacles in to give me a little break from running.

My Tough Mudder score was 88 :drinker:

5707386186_2f0cd4784c.jpg
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yo. I did the NJ Tri-State event in 2010 and 2011. I just did the PA#2 event in 2012. I am signed up for NJ Tri-state in 2012.

I have also been dropping hints to my wife that the 2013 Season Pass would be a great fathers day gift!
  • aarsenault3
    Options
    I did Tough Mudder VT this past May. It was nothing short of awesome!!! I had a great team and we worked together through the entire course. I highly reccommend it and Im looking forward to my next one.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Hopefully will catch it next year!

I'm doing the Colorado Warrior Dash later this summer, however!

Good luck! I just did my first in Nebraska this past weekend and all I can say is it was amazingly awesome and I can not wait till next year! Already making plans to do it again! Have fun!
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I am planning doing one the summer of 2013. I'm going to do a warrior dash and a Spartan race to get ready for it. I was talking to friend about it and they said they would rather just run a half marathon. my first thought was how nice it was that they put some fun obstacles in to give me a little break from running.

My Tough Mudder score was 88 :drinker:

5707386186_2f0cd4784c.jpg

I think if I had some friends here in VA who were training for it and then egged me on then maybe. Like a previous poster said I was cool till the part with the electricty and the ice. mmmm. I don't know.
  • goddamnelectric
    Options
    Bumping this, I'm enjoying reading everyone's experiences. Looks like my team is up to about 10 now. This is going to be nothing less than epic. And if any of you will be in the bay area for 2013 please feel free to add. Best of luck everyone!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this in Aug in Toronto - can't wait :0)

Me too!!
  • goddamnelectric
    Options
    It was my fitness goal but then I saw the electrical wires and ice. No thank you.

Hopefully the adrenaline will kick in before you get there and it won't be terrible. Guess I'll let you know lol

Yeah, you should keep believing that if it gets you into the obstacle. So cute! ; )

Haha, this= my response when my teammates say how much this part will suck. But if somebody's gonna be holding a beer at the end you can bet your *kitten* I'll be sprinting through some live wires
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have completed Toughmudder Tampa in December, signed up again this year. Also, have completed 2 savage races ( I find savage harder, faster pace).

I completed a round of p90x and was running 6 miles at a time about 3 times a week. Waiting on obstacles gives you time to catch your breath. Contrary to your thoughts, no one died in the ice or electric shock. The ice actually helps reduce the tightness in your legs. I found the hardest obstacle to complete the half-pike.

My recommendation sign-up now and quit making excuses. The most important training. Mentally knowing you will finish. No prizes to the fastest time, But you must finish. You need help with an obstacle, just ask. Then you turn and offer your assistance. Greatest group of people around at these races.

You can add me if you like. Currently working on my first round of insanity. Yesterday was my rest day so I Ran 2.45 miles and rollerbladed back.
  • runningk919
    runningk919 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am doing this in October and I am so freaking excited! My boyfriend and I are both doing it and have been training (running and strength training) and I've been hitting it pretty hard lately. There's nothing like electro-shock therapy to motivate your *kitten* to run!
  • allisoncormier7
    Options
    I am doing tough mudder up in Whistler this weekend - I have no idea what to expect but am so excited!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Bumping this, I'm enjoying reading everyone's experiences. Looks like my team is up to about 10 now. This is going to be nothing less than epic. And if any of you will be in the bay area for 2013 please feel free to add. Best of luck everyone!

Wait, so are we doing SoCal or NorCal?

Also, maybe start a group for 2013 SoCal Tough Mudders. We'd join and not have to dig up this post. I'd do it but have no idea how. That's my story, anyway
  • Jashella
    Jashella Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Going to the one in Sydney in 3 months!
  • goddamnelectric
    Options
    Haha, it was going to be SoCal, but we changed it so my brother in law doesn't have to drive so far. I like bay area more anyway!
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    It was my fitness goal but then I saw the electrical wires and ice. No thank you.

This. An MFP friend was saying how he was so excited to do it and I thought I'd look it up. Mmm yeah, no thanks. LOL