WHY Are you losing weight?

Options

Replies

• januadiaboli
    januadiaboli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Because my "fat" clothes got too small. lol I refused to buy bigger clothes

Oh yeah ... that was one of my initial motivations, too.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Duh...because zombies don't eat skinny people!!!
  • reankanesmom
    reankanesmom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    To be healthier for myself and my children
    Look better in my clothes
    Feel better about myself
  • mlynnea03
    mlynnea03 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Because my "fat" clothes got too small. lol I refused to buy bigger clothes

Oh yeah ... that was one of my initial motivations, too.

LOL, mine too. You know it's bad when the clothes you thought were huge seem to have shrunk when you put them on. I lost a little and I'm back to my "fat" clothes now. Next goal is to make these sizes disappear from my closet forever.
  • ashshields12
    ashshields12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture of myself and thought I looked 6 months pregnant. It was that day that I decided to start my new lifestyle. 13 weeks ago and still going strong. I was at the point that I needed a new wardrobe for work and casual life that would cost thousands because I had about two outfits that i fitted into and money is very tight, so there was one option, loose weight. I decided that I wanted to fit my skinny clothes again, the clothes I met my man in 3 years ago (i am not there yet, so the weight gain wasnt gradual at all). I have lost a total of 14.8kgs and loving the new me. I love the energy I have to play with my son in the park and kick the football, I love that I am not constantly tired.... I LOVE THE IMPROVED ME!!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Because I was sick of lugging my lazy, sweaty and often chaifing thighs around the place.

I wanted to look back at photos and think - wow I was incredible,

To actually finish something I started.
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Because my family has a history of diabetes and heart disease; also because I am technically centrally obese with my waist at 38 inches instead of half my height which would be 32 inches. I also want to be a good role model for my daughter.
    Also I want to be able to rock a bikini.
    And not feel self conscious about my tummy flab, because hopefully I'll be rid of it soon!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    The thing that got me going was my brand-new one size up jeans were getting too snug and I was going to have to increase sizes again. But, so much more than that. I was tired of being the fat girl. I didn't like myself very much. I didn't feel good about myself. Now, being essentially done with my weight loss, I feel so much more confident. In fact, on a date tonight, the guy put down the visor in the car and I saw my reflection, I was like, "dang, I look hot." :laugh:
  • bethc370
    bethc370 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My main reason is to save my sight. I have IIH (idiopathic intercranial hypertension) and the pressure from the excess spinal fluid puts strain on my optic nerves, along with many other problems. It has been shown that 20-30% of overweight people with IIH who lose weight go into remission, so that is what I am hoping for.
    My other reasons are to be healthier in general, and to set a good example for my son.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 years old, with a 2 year old! I want to be fit enough to kick her *kitten* when she turns into a snotty teen.

Seriously though, I don't like how unfit I've become, and that was starting to affect my outlook on well, everything. I'm just through making excuses.
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    - I wanna keep my body healthy all the way.
    - I wanna feel sexy all the time.
    - I want my body to look good naked.
    - I want my family to be proud of what I have done.

I think these are the most important reasons of loosing weight :)
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    To feel good about myself and to not follow my families tendencies of bad hearts and that sort of thing. I have a little boy and a good life so I have reasons for living so I want to enjoy it. Continuing down the road of obesity would have meant greatly shortening that time with them.
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    No male in my family has ever lived past the age of 77. That's too young. I want to spoil my future grandkids!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I was the same weight for years and ended up gaining almost 20 lbs in a year. I want to get back to where I was and maintain like I used to.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've gone my whole life with people saying nasty things to me about being hideous. In 2011, I worked at Target, and I was cashiering one day. There was one other cashier working, and a woman avoided my lane, went to the other one, and said, "I didn't want that gross looking guy to ring my things up, I might catch something!"

So, my motivation is to simply avoid hearing things like that.
    What the hell's wrong with people? -__- That's incredibly horrible. Sorry you had to go through that but I guess it's motivation, even if it's negative.

Personally:
    • I want to look good (for myself!) and more androgynous
    • I'm tired of not being able to find clothes I like because I'm too big
    • I hate that I don't have energy and that I'm always in pain
    • I don't want to turn out like my dad, to be honest. He is suffering health issues related to obesity and terrible eating habits and yet refuses to change his ways no matter how much anyone, including his doctor, tells him he needs to. :\ I also hope that if he sees me making the changes he might feel like it's more doable for him as well.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    - Better health. I don't want to have a stroke when I'm 40.
    - Being able to fit in seats with arms at restaurants, concert venues, airplanes
    - Being able to buy inexpensive, cute clothes at places like Old Navy because I'm tired of paying tons of money for a shapeless plus-size top. I'm fat, not rich.
    - Cedar Point! :)
    - Not feeling self-conscious everywhere I go
    - Not feeling like Jack Sprat and his wife when I go out with my boyfriend
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cause I've been fat all my life. Do I need any other reason? :P
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple... Because I am FAT! But also because I want to be lean and muscular and most of all I want to be healthy.
  • iloveseattle
    iloveseattle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    To be healthy, to look good, to have a baby and to further my career (I am a TV Reporter)