Hi - I'm a cool dude and a nice guy - stop and say hi :)

Options
I've had my fitness Pal for a while but decided a month a half ago to really stick to it and also change my eating habits and make working out a part of my everyday life. Oh yeah, i forgot...I signed up for my 1st ever 5K run.

I've lost 20 lbs so far, 80 more to go :) piece of cake.

Replies

• greenkarla
    greenkarla Posts: 15
    Options
    OMG! That sounds fantastic!
    I wish I could run a 5k. I wish I could run 5 minutes.
    Congrats on your loss! Keep up the good work!!
  • pxbapt
    pxbapt Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you greenkarla.....Don't worry, I can't run it either...right now but I will really soon. The run is in August, so i figured 2 months to get there.
    What are you trying to accomplish.....better yet what will you be accomplishing?
  • greenkarla
    greenkarla Posts: 15
    Options
    At this point I don't know anymore. I feel like I've been dieting and exercising forever, with no results. I just changed things up once again, but Im so discouraged and hopeless at this point that I guess all Im trying to accomplish is some energy. My new workouts are making me so tired, so Im waiting to get over that "hump".

But its people like you that give me the most hope. It makes me see how hard work pays off.

I just have to have patience.

How did you decide to do the run? and why run? I get in the gym and go for the elliptical. I can get a much higher heartrate on the elliptical than what I get on the treadmill ((because I don't run)). Maybe I should try running? But it just makes me tired looking at those skinny girls running... lol
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Hi cool, nice dude! Its good that you decided to stick with it now, and congrats on your progress so far! Don't give up and do that 5k! You can accomplish whatever you set your mind to!
  • aem492
    aem492 Posts: 2
    Options
    You can definitely do it! Have you ever heard of the app "Couch to 5k" ? I know Blackberry has it but I'm almost positive other smartphones do too. If you have one, you should DEFINITELY check out the app because it really helps build you up to a 5k in 9 weeks!
  • tempestrising
    Options
    Hi & Congrats on your progress so far!! It's really awesome of you
    to have the 5k goal. One day I hope to be able to achieve that as well.
    But nowhere near ready yet..lol. Looking forward to hearing about your
    success!! Best wishes :smile:
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you!
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi!! lol Thats great news! good Job!!
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi and congrats on your progress so far! It's great that you're ambitious and are setting good goals! I'm not a runner, foot injury, but I walk a 5k almost everyday. Best wishes for continued success!
  • pxbapt
    pxbapt Posts: 4
    Options
    I decided to run because I always wanted to...and now that i turned 40...there's no going back as it will get harder with age...so I decided to sign up for the couch to 5K at the local Y and alos registered for a run down in the city.
    At this point I have nothing to lose, I'm making new friends on here, I'm improving my health.....so from here it all looks like good news :)
  • LaundryJo
    LaundryJo Posts: 47
    Options
    Well done! I lost 20lbs too, everyone is shocked when they see me, in a good way! I still have some belly fat to go, but am still motivated! Tae Bo is great for me.
  • jennifermcshane
    Options
    I did my first one about a month ago. If i can do i,t you can do it. I'm already signed up for my second one which i'm hoping to be able to run the whole thing and beat my previous time. Ease into 5k or couch to 5k is a good app to train with. Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far...great job!! :)
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!! stick with it! That first 5 k is really a step forward. I envy you and wish my knees would let me do it. I signed up, but I'm not sure I'll make it.
    Good luck!!

add me if you like.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    A cool dude AND nice guy? What's the catch? :laugh:

Anyway, welcome to MFP and good luck on the 5k--great goal!
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    Good luck on the 5K and congrats on the 20 pound weight loss! :)
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    As opposed to a creepy dude and a weird guy?? (just joking :laugh: )

I love running but I'm not a big fan of racing. Maybe some day, when I'm much faster :-)

Good luck with your running....once you're hooked, you become addicted. You will know what I mean....
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!! You're doing great!
  • nevergoingback2011
    Options
    Thank you greenkarla.....Don't worry, I can't run it either...right now but I will really soon. The run is in August, so i figured 2 months to get there.
    What are you trying to accomplish.....better yet what will you be accomplishing?

Are you using C25K?
  • OhSuzzz
    OhSuzzz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've had my fitness Pal for a while but decided a month a half ago to really stick to it and also change my eating habits and make working out a part of my everyday life. Oh yeah, i forgot...I signed up for my 1st ever 5K run.

I've lost 20 lbs so far, 80 more to go :) piece of cake.

hello hello! Congrats! I did a walk/jog mix for my first (and only so far) 5K. Signing up really motivated me to get moving!