Fool Proof Fail Safe Weight Loss, does it exist? for free?

Options
Yes, I think it may! Well ask me in three months, and it'll either be a yes or a no from me. That's a 50/50 chance! May the odds be ever in my favor! (Hunger Games :wink: )

I found this link to a website from a member on MFP. I'm truly sorry I cannot give credit where it is due, because I can no longer find that thread, and it was late when I read it and I was probably drunk.
*snark
Here's a flower for you, the mysterious and fabulous contributor :flowerforyou: Thank you!

Now back to me, here is that link to that website, which will lead you to a book, which will give you a plan, that appears to me without my own personal experiment on myself, TO BE TRUE. Why? because it just 'feels' right and it's deceptively simple AND I have found in my 37 years of experience that simple is best, AND I love run-on sentences without proper structure. I think they are funner to read anyway.

Fool proof and fail safe weight loss. I just had to say it again. Are you excited?

I'm a numbers kind of gal that craves control, I like results and I'm goal orientated, I also have a finely tuned bull**** detector and I'm a closet conspiracy theorist. So that's my bias, in terms of weight loss. Take my opinion with all that in mind. By the way, sometimes my bull**** detector only works on everyone else, not me. Strange....I know.
I also guess that as a conspiracy theorist, I'm now OUT of the closet. dang. Must have been the truth serum in my vitamin water, and by vitamin water I mean wine.

I read his book, all 300 and sumthin pages. In spots I skim read, only to see that he writes just as I'm about to skip a section "hold on....wait for it....I'm getting to the part where it concerns weight loss". So, I oblige and trudge on.

You could probably skip those sections, but if you can trudge through, you will be better equipped to explain when people say to you "WOW, your *kitten* looks great in those pants, what happened?!"

Here's a quote from the book, I didn't paraphrase....I just cut and pasted it:

"Planning a diet from an understanding of how weight
loss really works gives you a handle on how long you’ll
have to endure its unpleasantness. Knowing how feedback
can control your weight equips you with at least intellectual
confidence that once you’ve lost weight you’ll
never have to go through that again. As you see the
trend line in action, your initial confidence will increase
as experience confirms theory, logic, and calculation."

It's free, you don't need to buy a protein powder, or special exercise equipment or attend a meeting.....well unless that works for you then....$buy all means...do that too!

Bottom line.....if you are trying to figure out WHAT works for you, his website/book will give you tools to quantify what works. AND you'll know how to tweak it according to your unique self and get the results YOU want.

If you are like me you may feel that the scale is a terrible way of measuring progress and if you are REALLY like me, you can't just wait with-the-patience-of-a-saint-till-your-pants-feel-loose to measure progress and if you are really really like me, you seem to be allergic to tape measures and fat calipers.

Ok. I'll shuttup now and give you the GD link, so that you'll like me, if you're like me.
http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/
download the pdf. I saved it directly to my computer, to my husband's horror I didn't even scan it for a virus. I didn't care, I was in a hurry and I was on HIS computer anyway. ( I kept that in my brain of course and just replied with "ooops, darn I always forget that..look my boob popped out!") lol

Replies

• Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure MFP is the free fail safe weight loss method. Not any 'diet'.

It's got a way better user interface than that thing you linked, too.
  • angelaraedesigns
    angelaraedesigns Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure MFP is the free fail safe weight loss method. Not any 'diet'.

It's got a way better user interface than that thing you linked, too.

I understand if you don't like the link I provided, just means that you are not like me. I like numbers. I like control. MFP's default numbers don't work 100% for me. I'm not knocking MFP at ALL. I love it! I just found it lacking some depth for my particular situation.....but ironically, I found that depth right here on a MFP forum from and MFP member. So it's all connected. One compliments the other etc.

and I see by your ticker Umboshi, that you are doing AWESOME. Congrats on your journey. You are an inspiration! I've just begun my journey, so I'm still in the research and development stage. I'm trying my hand at many things, and I found this link really helpful and wanted to share, perhaps someone else out there on the forums, was feeling the need for more info about the process of weight loss.
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued. This would be the 3rd eBook I've read on this subject. And I've learned a lot from both of the others. :) Downloaded to my phone so I can read it. :)
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    bump this to save it at home and look at it properly - thanks:smile:
  • ajhr
    ajhr Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    "How to lose weight and hair through stress and poor nutrition"

Sounds... awful.
  • angelaraedesigns
    Options
    "How to lose weight and hair through stress and poor nutrition"

Sounds... awful.

that made me laugh out loud. definately not the type of tag line we are used to seeing for 'weight loss' plans eh! Notice it's written by John Walker? Johnny Walker?!!! I wonder if that's his pen name? Don't know, never heard of this guy before clicking on that link.
  • angelaraedesigns
    Options
    hmph. just googled him. not a pen name. dude's real. got a good sense of humor though....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Walker_(programmer)

and really shouldn't we all!
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I like it. Good info but doesn't seem like anything we don't already know.

Not so sure about one of the first lines though....

"Lose weight rapidly, and keep it off. permanently. Losing weight isn’t pleasant, and it’s far better to get it over with quickly, and never have to do it again."

Now there's not too much that all dieticians agree upon; however most recognise that losing weight rapidly is NOT good for you!
  • angelaraedesigns
    Options

"Lose weight rapidly, and keep it off. permanently. Losing weight isn’t pleasant, and it’s far better to get it over with quickly, and never have to do it again."

Now there's not too much that all dieticians agree upon; however most recognise that losing weight rapidly is NOT good for you!

You bring up a really good point. I hear that a lot too. How do we determine what 'rapidly' is?
  • Wonderob
    Options

You bring up a really good point. I hear that a lot too. How do we determine what 'rapidly' is?

Well we simply look at the consensus of opinion on what is a 'safe' level of loss

1 pound per week seems to be the recommended level. Therefore anything over and you begin the varying scale from 'slightly rapid' to 'extremely rapid'
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I started reading it not too long ago when I found out about the daily weight log on there that I use now....I am going to go through the whole site to see what all he has to offer on his site....Thanks for sharing!! :)
  • Jadelovescake
    Options
    BUMP - I'm intrigued :)
  • angelaraedesigns
    Options

Well we simply look at the consensus of opinion on what is a 'safe' level of loss

1 pound per week seems to be the recommended level. Therefore anything over and you begin the varying scale from 'slightly rapid' to 'extremely rapid'

I'd like to argue the point that consensus of opinion for what is safe, isn't good enough for me. Why? well, I like to control things, so knowing the science and the math appeals to me, and I'm petite and I believe I'm a unique little butterfly that's different from every other bug on the planet. lol.
    I've seen people lose more than a pound a week and have thus far kept it off, and I've seen people lose 1/4 pound and gain it back and more. (that would be me!) So, Safe?! what is that really?! I think it just has to be something that we have to determine for ourselves. We will only know if it's a safe level or not by observing the results physically and mentally and comparing it to our goals. If we missed the mark, then we re-adjust and keep going, with the ultimate goal being that we are the best we can be.
  • sen1961
    sen1961 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    A very slight calorie deficit, half a pound a week worked for me, perhaps some cardio and strength training thrown in for good measure :-)
  • Loopy_1980
    Loopy_1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been using the weight loss log since the beginning of the year, you weigh yourself everyday and can see your progress on a chart. Have to admit to not reading anything about it though ...

https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet/
  • Wonderob
    Options
    We will only know if it's a safe level or not by observing the results physically and mentally and comparing it to our goals. If we missed the mark, then we re-adjust and keep going,

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, we need guidlines to start with to protect those that arent as educated in nutrician as you

What would you say to a 180 lbs, 18 year old girl who says that she plans to lose 10 lbs a week be only consuming 300 calories a day "Well you only know if it's a safe level or not by observing the results physically and comparing it to your goals - good luck"?

I don't think you would
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I wanna gawk at that website but can't be bothered signing up.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that NO diets work ... when you understand why this is right, you will no longer be fat
  • Wonderob
    Options
    I read somewhere that NO diets work ... when you understand why this is right, you will no longer be fat

Bold statement! Wrong of course - my diet works perfectly and I challenge anybody to say otherwise

Whenever I plan to lose 14lbs on 'a diet' it always works