Hi, I'm Samantha, but everyone calls me "Whale"...

Options

Replies

• tempestrising
    Options
    Hi Samantha..& welcome..sorry to hear about those awful girls.
    Your beautiful inside & out...they were just jealous nitwits!
    My support at the ready for you.
    Wishing you the best of everything. Tee
  • Daniella_89
    Options
    Hi Samantha.. Congratulations on starting this journey towards a healthier you. I completely understand what you are going through. When i started i was 5'7 200 lbs and got bullied almost every day. Ive been on every diet possible and had lost 60 lbs but gained some back. So here we are all in this together. Having a support system is very important and I'll always be here when you need some motivation, or times to vent. Heres to a new chapter :)
  • tinks1999
    tinks1999 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Samantha, my name is Ruth. I have been called all sorts of things, mostly "fatty" and "who turned the lights out" and that was when I was only about 14 pounds overweight!

I'm between 5'8 and 5'9 and currently 203 pounds. Some of it is to do with having four wonderful kids but I am convinced also that it was because I was called names as a kid and I comfort ate.

Add me if you like. We can do this :smile:
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Welcome, lovely. May joining MFP be the first step in a firm two finger salute to those people! x
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Those who poke fun at people with weight issues don't understand what it's like being heavy. I feel you there... It's nice to have people to help cheer you on, keeps you motivated. Good luck on your weight loss and congratulations on making a change!
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I was called bean pole and a member of the itty bitty tittie committee .... being tall and thin. So you can't win at that age......

I started my weight loss journey at 206 , I'm 5'10, it was my new years resolution , the changeing my diet was easier than the exercising regularly, especially cardio, until I got a stationary bike .... in Feb and started riding .... at first 15 minutes was tough now I ride up to 90 minutes and recently went on a 40 mile bike ride,

Since joining here I've been inspired to get back into triathlons. And have set a goal of ironman Cozumel 2014,

Feel free to add me
    Connie
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Welcome, lovely. May joining MFP be the first step in a firm two finger salute to those people! x

This :smile:

I know how you feel, I used to get bullied for being small, quiet and young looking for my age. Bet the bullies didn't get asked for ID at 40 buying a bottle of wine though, who's laughing now :laugh:
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, good luck on your journey, feel free to add me as a friend if you want some support along the way :)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    People can be rude...but I have noticed that when they are rude its because they envy you and want to bring you down to their level. Do not listen to what those f**ktards have to say. I checked your pic and you are a beautiful girl so I can def see why they are teasing you. Don't let these folks bring you down. Just stand up proud and remember to "LET YOUR HATERS BE YOUR MOTIVATORS"!!
  • Elita69
    Elita69 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I have been doing this for a while not but in need of inspiration - hopefully we can all help each other and get fit and happy!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people would call you whale! That's horrible! I started as 310 at my heaviest and at 5'6" that's what I call a whale! I'm hovering at 230 now and still working on getting to 160. This place is great for support! Feel free to add me. I'm in Florida and near the beach! This is a chubby persons nightmare!
  • jaimica31
    jaimica31 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi,

You can do this... WE can do this... let's be strong...
  • Hevans1012
    Hevans1012 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you went through. I was called whale in elementary school. Kind of thinned out in middle and high school but put it right back on when I had my children. Welcome to MFP and wanting to make the change for you! I've been on here a month, been religious about tracking calories, exercising and planning before I eat and I've lost 9 lbs! You can do it!
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Since I was 9 I've been called "beached whale". Whenever girls & me get into fights, they always jump straight to calling me fat.. I'm ready to be healthy & happy. I need support & if any one would like to support me, I would love if you added me!

Thanks,
    Sammy! <3

First we dont do bullying on here. Second you dont look like a whale and I'll call you Samantha cos its a nice name.

I'll friend you good luck you'll be fine on here with a few friends to motivate you.

Take care

Tim
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Unless you live in salt water or have a residence at Sea World you're not a Whale. There are fashion models out there who weighed more than you do and they're freakin' HOT! Tell them to get the sand out of their eyes and their heads out of their you know whats and get a life. You're beautiful just the way you are and the fact that you can air something like this on these forums tells me that you have already started your journey to being healthy. I've always heard that "the best revenge is good living." Looks like you're well on your way, hun. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sammy! My youngest daughter is named Samantha,Sammy for short. I was teased in school. Not for being overweight. I was shy and a bit of a misfit. But it made my school years miserable. Add me please. I'd be glad to cheer you on during your weight loss.
  • Sammylightner
    Sammylightner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Always be happy with yourself no matter what beauty comes from the within. Take those negitive remarks and turn them into positive ones. I'm sure you will succeed and you will have alot of support. add me up..
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam...

People are horrible, your with friends on here, lots of help, lots of support to help you change your life choices, you will hate some of it, you will want to give up, you may want to scream, cry, pull your hair out, BUT MFP will always be here to help you, your pals will give you ideas to help you through the bad times and massive praise when the good times roll, which there will be lots of.

Feel free to add me, I've been on MFP over 12 months now and think it's the best thing I ever did...

I started to exercise thanks to MFP, initially walking, short distances, then further and further till I was walking 9 miles a day before work, I now run and completed my 1st 5K fun run last week and did 5K (without ANY walking) only yesterday, all thanks to MFP

Good Luck

PEACE
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Hi Sammy,

You look stunning in your profile pic so if anyone calls you names it's obviously because they are insanely jealous of you beauty, your personality and good fortune.

They say "... names will never hurt you" but they do, every bit if not more than being physically bullied. A bruise will heal, an insult will seed every negative emotion you've ever felt and eat away at your self esteem.

I was fat and gay... how cruel is that! Only in my 20s I wasn't that fat at all and yet I didn't dare believe it. So in my 30s I started the slippery slope and by my mid-40s I was a WHALE and that was even by my reckoning.

Please don't let yourself get into that emotional cycle of eating because it's easier than facing up to things.

You're in the right place here and will get lots of support from your peers and folks who really are in the same boat as you.

Good luck and take care!:flowerforyou:
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't know the feeling of being insulted by name calling. But I do know the looks from being overweight. I had 4 daughters in 5 years to the day and after my 4th daughter I was a constant 223 pounds. I've put in a lot of hard work and after 1 year I'm now 143 pounds. Feel free to add me if you want to. I know the struggle and even today I still have the inner battle occasionally.