56 lbs gone, almost halfway there.... w/PIX

Options
Just_G
Just_G Posts: 73 Member
Hey everyone, just wanted to share my story and progress with everyone. I first joined this site in May 2011 but like a every other weight loss tool, I never used it. It wasn't til April 2012 that I finally had enough.

My sister was looking at gastric bypass surgery last yr. I kept telling her that all she needed to do is just diet and exercise and quit being lazy. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!! Here I was 5'8-342lbs trying to tell her how to be healthy. I still don't think she needed the surgery, which she got, but she does looks great. So heeding my own advice, I started watching what I ate and got down to 328 by xmas. By April 2012 I was down to 312 and started using the Ipod MFP app daily. What a rude awakening my caloric intake was. I immediately cut out all soda, booze and started eating my calories. So here I am 71 days later and another 26lbs lighter before I had my first NSV, my boy gave me a hug and told me he could finally put his arms all the way around me!!!!

So I figured it was picture time, pardon the cliche bathroom mirror pic!

342r.jpg

286.jpg

I still got a ways to go but you can enjoy the journey with me :)

Replies

• allieward
    allieward Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow that's a massive difference, well done!
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    AmAzing! Well done! u look so good!
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Totally see it in your face. Keep up the great work man!
  • TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Well done!
  • nongie06
    nongie06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can see the difference. Keep up the good work.
  • mishtoit
    mishtoit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! well done, you look great! Totally inspiring, keep up the good work :)
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Great difference. Great job, keep up the great work!!!!
  • jgrora
    jgrora Posts: 1
    Options
    You are doing great man! 56 is a great accomplishment and a great motivator to keep doing the things you are. Good work man!
  • 4jrgy
    4jrgy Posts: 6
    Options
    Fitz, your doing a great job. Keep it up. Maybe we'll catch up a softball game sometime soon if I can break free from everything else I have going.
  • 4jrgy
    4jrgy Posts: 6
    Options
    Kinda funny how you were telling your sister how to go about things. I did the same thing with my parents about two months ago, yet I wasn't any better. Really opened my eyes and made me think about what i had told them...
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thats a HUGE difference! You look great :)
  • Just_G
    Options
    Lol I know right Jorgz....Vic is down like 78lbs I think she told me. I'm gonna catch her :)
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow what an amazing transformation, and it's only the beginning! Many people have a really hard time cutting out the soda so I am VERY impressed that you managed to cut it out, cold turkey.

It's true what you say, though - wouldn't you rather EAT your calories instead of drink them? :)

Anyway GREAT JOB and really keep up with what you are doing because it is working!
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    Awesome job.. My husband struggles w/ his weight but does not use MFP. I am hoping I can get him to look at your story to help let me know MFP could work for him too.

Thank you for sharing!!!
  • Just_G
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the positive reenforcement!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!