What's best program which helped you to tone up?

Options
MashaSK
MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
I've donloaded brazilian butt workout and it seemed too easy and a bit boring...any other programs which helped you tone up (especially legs)

Replies

• mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I've donloaded brazilian butt workout and it seemed too easy and a bit boring...any other programs which helped you tone up (especially legs)

please stop using "tone up" lol.

just get lifting girl. if you want "tone"...(actually you want more muscle and less fat) then you gotta get lifting.

i cant tell you how much good some heavy squatting will do for your legs and butt!
    we have girls in our gym who continue to improve these areas every month. and guess what, all they do it lift heavy.
  • MissGraziano
    Options
    30 Day Shred!
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Grabbing some weight and fighting against gravity usually helps people "tone" up.
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is a good one. :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Heavy strenght training. You should read the book "new rules of lifting for women"
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Body Revolution!!!! 15 DVD's, 90 day workout, and it's intense!!! I just love it!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Insanity

Years ago - I was doing yoga 3x a week and you could see the muscle definition.
  • Desika87
    Desika87 Posts: 111
    Options
    30 day shred is a good one. :)

def. pays off :-)
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    squat squat squat, with weights and heavy ones dont mess around with anything else IMO
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    P90X, Insanity "The Asylum"
  • TLPat
    TLPat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i like this thread...glad to get some confirmation on the 30 Day Shred and the weight lifting (which i just started) am currently reading New Rules ......
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I will be starting ChaLean Extreme which is at home strength training program. I've seen good results from other women that have done it.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells will get the heart rate up and provides decent resistance.
  • Bding123
    Bding123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    In my opinion even better than 30 day shred is 'No More Trouble Zones' Its a killer but it works! You won't lose much weight doing it but you will lose all that unwanted fat! I swear by it (dropped over 2 dress sizes in 3 months)!
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I like to use butt sucks. I stand there and clinch my cheeks, about 1-2000 reps. I feel this has greatly helped me
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Over the years, people have taken the word 'tone' and redefined it to mean how lean we are--how defined our muscles appear. In fact, it's even a gender specific word. Women go to the gym to 'tone up' while men go to the gym to lift weights and build muscle but, the truth is, they are the exact same things. Becoming lean and building muscle requires lifting weights, the difference is in how much you lift.

While you can lift weights to change your body, you're limited as to what you can really change about your muscles. In a nutshell, this is what your muscles can do:

1. Grow larger and/or stronger
    2. Shrink smaller and/or get weaker
    You can't make a muscle longer (without surgery) and you can't etch it into a certain shape or look. If your goal is to see your muscles, your goal isn't toning--it's losing body fat. And, whether you're a man or woman, wanting to bulk up or slim down, you'll do the same kinds of exercises and training methods. The difference lies in the weights, reps and sets you'll do, as well as how many calories you take in (more if you're building muscle, less if you're trying to lose fat).

You may be wondering why it matters if you believe in toning or not. The problem with the idea of toning is that it leads to that other stubborn myth... SPOT toning :)

After all you've read here, you may be wondering exactly what to do to get more definition in your body. The answer is simple: Lose body fat. To lose body fat you need 3 key elements: Regular cardio exercise, consistent strength training for all your muscle groups and a healthy, low-calorie diet.

(about.com)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Picking heavy things up and putting them down. Full body calisthenics circuits. Jumping rope for cardio.
  • tansygreen
    tansygreen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm curious. I often hear people talking on here about women 'lifting heavy'. For an average sized woman, what is 'heavy'? I mean in lbs or kilos, for free weights one in each hand say?

So many people swear by this, but I am totally clueless about what this would involve. My gym has some free weights in a corner, but the room with all the serious weights is just full of men who are serious about lifting. I would feel quite intimidated going in there.

Is it possible to still build muscle lifting the hand weights and doing things like bicep and tricep curls, and so on, or do you think that's a waste of time?
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Gotta say p90x! hard core but FAB! :drinker: yay go Tony x
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bumpin'