What's best program which helped you to tone up?

Options

Replies

• brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    P90X is an amazing program and you get amazing results with it
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I like to use butt sucks. I stand there and clinch my cheeks, about 1-2000 reps. I feel this has greatly helped me

Too easy. Carry on.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Run run run!!!!

Your butt and legs will look great! And you burn loads of calories doing it.

C25k is a great program to start with.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    As Arnold says " up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down,up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down,up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down,up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down,up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down"

Oh, come on...Stop whining! You kids are soft. You lack discipline. Well, I've got news for you. You are mine now! You belong to me! No more complaining. No more "Mr. Kimble, I have to go the bathroom". Nothing! There is no bathroom!!!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    T-Tapp. It's a system of DVDs done at home with no equipment other than a good pair of shoes. You can check it out at t-tapp.com - I highly recommend starting at the "Try Before You Buy" section, and doing those exercises for a week and see how many inches you lose.

T-Tapp taught me an incredible amount about body mechanics, alignment and form. It's made everything else I do much more effective... everything from basic calisthenics to yoga to dance to just how I hold my body as I load the dishwasher or brush my teeth!
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Picking heavy things up and putting them down. Full body calisthenics circuits. Jumping rope for cardio.

LOL, have you ever seen the commercial for planet fitness:

The BIG dude that says: "I pick things up and put them dowuuuuun" LOL

U just reminded me of him!
    :laugh:

I pick things up and put them down too ..... works like a charm :wink:

This.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I like to use butt sucks. I stand there and clinch my cheeks, about 1-2000 reps. I feel this has greatly helped me

Too easy. Carry on.

I agree with the butt sucks. My butt gets quite sore if I do it all day long.

If you do it when you remember it throughout the day, it helps to get a little extra tiny workout out in that area :)

Stomach suck are great too.

Standing on your toes whenever you can is good too.

They just can't be replaced for true, regular exercise.
  • sdow
    sdow Posts: 71
    Options
    running, spinning, TRX
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv

Do the workouts they have posted and you will find everything toned up.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    UFC Trainer on the kinect
  • cevans_rr
    cevans_rr Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Like some others on here have mentioned NEW RULES OF LIFTING FOR WOMEN is a great place to start to get a workout that's just right for you - if you have access to weights. Even if you don't, it gives some great info on what's going on inside your body when you lift heavy (or light) and do cardio, as well as nutrition advice. I am almost to the end of phase I, lifting weights I would never have considered before and wearing 2 sizes smaller than I was in March:) Still have a ways to go but I'm moving in the right direction!
  • cevans_rr
    cevans_rr Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Like some others on here have mentioned NEW RULES OF LIFTING FOR WOMEN is a great place to start to get a workout that's just right for you - if you have access to weights. Even if you don't, it gives some great info on what's going on inside your body when you lift heavy (or light) and do cardio, as well as nutrition advice. I am almost to the end of phase I, lifting weights I would never have considered before and wearing 2 sizes smaller than I was in March:) Still have a ways to go but I'm moving in the right direction!
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • bratleen
    bratleen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Try Brooke's Butt-buster workout-- she can make you lose 3 pounds in one class; she's completely gifted.

:wink:
  • nrperry529
    nrperry529 Posts: 25
    Options
    I haven't been doing a 'program', but what has really helped my legs is a ton of squats and lunges. I don't do heavy weight. I do high reps with a bar and 10lb weights on each side. Or squats to pick up a 10 lb medicine ball and put it down with another squat. :)
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Body rock tv
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    NOTHING LIKE SQUATS AND LUNGES WITH HEAVY WEIGHTS!!
    BUT I FELL IN LOVE WITH LES MILLS PUMP!!!!

HELLO DAISY DUKES :))
  • debgcook
    debgcook Posts: 64
    Options
    Jackie Warner's DVD and Kathy Smith Step exercise are really good.
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    I've donloaded brazilian butt workout and it seemed too easy and a bit boring...any other programs which helped you tone up (especially legs)

please stop using "tone up" lol.

just get lifting girl. if you want "tone"...(actually you want more muscle and less fat) then you gotta get lifting.

i cant tell you how much good some heavy squatting will do for your legs and butt!
    we have girls in our gym who continue to improve these areas every month. and guess what, all they do it lift heavy.

Not sure why people have a problem with the word tone when it is a synonym for lean. If she said I really want to lean out would have a problem with it? That being said your advice is excellent.