Dairy Free Protein Powder ?

Options
Hey Hey

any one have any recommendations for a dairy free protein powder? Im interested in making smoothies for breakfast and/or quick dinner from time to time, and recently am trying to cut out dairy from my life..

thanks for your input :) !

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I order all my protein from true protein.com. I use a 75/25 mix of brown rice and gemma pea for optimal calorie-to-protein ratio. The brown rice, gemma pea, hemp and soy proteins are all dairy free!
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I also order my protein powder from truenutrition.com! It lets you customize what you want and has a lof of different add-ins like vitamins and such. I use a mix consisting of 50% gemma pea protein and 50% rice protein. Also pretty cheap!
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Whole Nectar: http://www.wholenectar.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=1

It is made from Non-GMO Soy, has the least amount of sugar in any powder I have looked at and is flavor neutral. It is sold by the VitaMix people and is cheaper if you can catch them at a Costco doing a demo.
  • healthymom76
    healthymom76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I use Now pea protein, no added anything, no sweeteners, nothing. It is pretty good.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Whole Nectar: http://www.wholenectar.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=1

It is made from Non-GMO Soy, has the least amount of sugar in any powder I have looked at and is flavor neutral. It is sold by the VitaMix people and is cheaper if you can catch them at a Costco doing a demo.

Whole Nectar is pretty amazing. I haven't bought that in a long time- because I wanted to cut down on soy...but I'd like to get some to alternate with my other favorites....

Life's Basics Plant Protein
    Amazing Grass
    Vega
    Garden of Life RAW Protein

I've been wanting to try the trueprotein.com stuff too...
  • charliefocus
    charliefocus Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    thanks all! off to research some more...

being healthy is a full time job, eh ?

:)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I buy my protein powder from a whole foods store: Nutribiotic Vegan Rice Protein.
  • airbec
    airbec Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The new Vega One is 100% better then the old Vega protein powder. So delicious!!!! Blend in 2 cups of spinach :) YUMMM
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I like Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 70...it's water soluble so it's almost tasteless and not gritty (getting over the colour was the hardest part, it makes things a little green.)
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    just curious: How many calories are in these powders? The one that I have after workouts is about 190 calories.
  • Salasel
    Salasel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you have a whole foods in your area they have a wide assortment of non dairy protein powders.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I like Olympian Lab's unsweetened pea protein, and Nutribiotic's unsweetened brown rice protein. I usually get the vanilla flavor of both, although neither has a very strong vanilla flavor. The brown rice protein is a little grittier than pea protein in fruit smoothies, but it is lower in sodium than the pea protein. From what I've read, combining the two produces a better balance of amino acids. I have tried the pre-mixed trueprotein versions, and I found the taste to be really terrible, even when mixed with other things in a smoothie (I've tried both chocolate and vanilla).
  • southernpurplevegan
    southernpurplevegan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I use SunWarrior protein.
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    just curious: How many calories are in these powders? The one that I have after workouts is about 190 calories.

Mine from truenutrition.com is 50% pea and 50% rice. A 30g scoop yields 116 calories, 1.1g fat, 2g carbs, 0g fat, and 24g protein.

There are no other ingredients in it, just pea and rice protein!
  • fishprotein
    Options
    AminoMarine from fish is good tasting alternative
  • allegedglobalconspiracy
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. I was in the same quandary since quitting dairy. I'm on my way to vegan, but learning as I go is still a bit challenging. Quitting dairy has been a great move to start with. :)
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla Vega, it's pretty tasty. I've also used hemp in the past, but it kinda tastes like dirt.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm not a representative, just a consumer, but Arbonne sells dairy free (vegan friendly) protein shakes..they're pretty tasty..