What is Breakfast?

Options
Very simple question what is breakfast for you? Most people generally stick to cereal, toast...stereotypical foods that we associate with breakfast...

But isn't breakfast not just like any other meal...this is something I said to someone who was complaining they couldn't get enough protein into their breakfast as they don't like eggs and don't want to eat sausages/bacon regularly.

To me breakfast is just a meal I eat in the morning....and as long as its healthy does it matter what it is....would love to hear opinions!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    For me, it depends on how hungry I am, what I'm in the mood for and if I feel like cooking!
    My usual go-to breakfast (when I'm working) is whole grain oatmeal with greek yogurt and berries. On days off, I tend to have an omelet with salsa and a tiny bit of shredded cheese with a slice of sprouted grain bread, toasted.

This morning, I had left over grilled steak and ham! LOL
  • AdamBellfpt
    AdamBellfpt Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The steak and bacon is exactly what I'm talking about....some people think you cant have steak or chicken for breakfast...but why?
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    To me it's just another meal. Right now I'm altering between 2 boiled eggs and full-fat yoghurt with some nuts. Just because I'm in a lazy period and it's easy.

When I did Atkins, I always had dinner left-overs for breakfast. It could be salmon, steak, whatever. And it worked perfectly!
  • SunshineDieter
    Options
    The steak and bacon is exactly what I'm talking about....some people think you cant have steak or chicken for breakfast...but why?

It would make more sense to eat our largest meal earlier in the day so the calories can be burnt off throughout.

I have extra lean bacon medallions, low fat sausages (that taste like metal...) or poached eggs.
    I'm currently having them in wholemeal bread rolls.

If someone could recommend something better than bread to go with them? Thanks :)
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    I have chicken for breakfast, but there is certain things I can "do" for breakfast and somethings I can't
    I can have :
    Chicken
    Sausages
    Bacon
    Eggs
    or burger patties

I can't have
    Chops
    steak
    Tuna Which are thing I have other times

For veg the only thing acceptable for breakfast is
    Onions
    Tomato
    Avocado
    Spinach
    Mushroom

I can only stomach certain things in the morning, therefore I have rules and an "Acceptable breakfast food" List.

I hate toast, cereal et al. For me oats are an occasional treat!

I think you can have what ever you like for breakfast, long as it's ok with you
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    veggie omlette? Egg sandwich? Ham & eggs? eggs with cheddar cheese? see something developing here?
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    This morning? Cottage cheese and lemon drop melon. Yummy!
  • WillPowerYes
    WillPowerYes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I hate to eat breakfast. I'm just not hungry, so it is not something I do with pleasure. If I had that zero of an appetite all day, I'd be skinny. :tongue:
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    When I lived in South Korea the typical breakfast that you could find or would be served there was rice, kimchi, and soup. I love all three of those things but my western stomach/taste buds would only let me eat those things for breakfast on the rare occasion that there wasn't anything else (such as a granola bar) available.
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    I've often wondered about that. I stick to oatmeal, cereal, and eggs. But it is often- if not always- my lowest calorie meal.

One post suggests that we should eat our higher calorie meal earlier in the day so we have more time to burn it off. That makes sense. Also, maybe if i upped the breakfast, I would be less hungry by the time lunch rolls around?
  • southernpurplevegan
    southernpurplevegan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I change out my breakfast every day its never the same to avoid getting bored. Here are some of things I eat in the morning:

-Smoothie with Banana , Peanut Butter , Flax seed , Green Powder and Chocolate Almond Milk

-Cereal with Almond Milk with Banana

-Coconut Yogurt with Granola

-Smoothie Fruit with Toast

-Dinner from the night before

-Salad with Blueberries , Walnuts and Tomatoes with Balsamic Dressing

-Stir Fry

-Coconut Water Smoothie

-Almond Milk Smoothie with Fresh Fruit
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    veggie omlette? Egg sandwich? Ham & eggs? eggs with cheddar cheese? see something developing here?

Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam......