Breakfast...

Options
2»

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry or it's an inconvenience to eat breakfast, don't eat it.

I usually don't eat breakfast. Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss, unless it causes you to binge later on.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    You dont have to eat breakfast unless you're struggling to get your cals in without it.

A couple hard boiled eggs and toast will do the trick

Pb/j

Toast with pb

Apple dipped in pb

Yogurt tipped with berries

Protein shake

Protein bar

Leftovers from dinner

Quesadilla w/ww tortilla, 1oz cheese, and a tad bit of olive oil

Oatmeal cooked with milk

An English muffin sandwich
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea, but I can't step away from the baby long enough to poach an egg....
    why? Baby can manage on its own for three minutes or even longer, (before anyone gets the wrong idea, yes I do, and she is 13) a baby is not the be all and end all of anyones life. you do yourself and the baby no good it it is all you focus on.
  • taratam83
    taratam83 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Assuming your little one is very little, its the heart strings keeping you near. It is okay to leave an awake or asleep baby so that you can make an egg. It takes all of 3 minutes to fix and egg and a slice of toast. It will come to you soon enough. I was the same way with my daughter I felt like I couldn't miss a second by laying her down. With my second child it just came easier, he was perfectly content looking at his mobile or laying on a blanket in the floor watching whatever was playing on the tv for his big sister. It will get better. In the meantime, just remember you need to take care of yourself so that you can take care of the little one :) Good luck and congratulations!
  • HealthyIrishLass
    HealthyIrishLass Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can put the baby down long enough to make & eat a quick breakfast. I know he/she is probably very adorable BUT you need to eat too. I had TWINS, and still ate breakfast. You can do it. =) Congrats on your new addition to the family.

Scrambled Eggs in the microwave and oatmeal were my favorites. Quick and easy.
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Give overnight oatmeal a try. You make it the night (or a few days) before, so you can do it after baby goes to sleep. Only takes a few minutes to put together and you eat it cold in the morning...easy as pie and so good! Here is a site with some great starter recipes http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is hummus, which I suppose is a bit odd, but I tend not to want hot food in the early a.m. It's often the fastest thing to grab from the fridge if I haven't got any hard boiled eggs or bananas left handy. I like things that can be prepped ahead of time for breakfast because my brain isn't fully functioning until about 9, no matter what time I got up :)
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    you can microwave eggs in ziplock bags to make an omlet, this would allow you to stay with baby
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yep, yogurt or Breakstone's 2% Cottage Cheese (http://www.fitnessmantra.info/2006/05/27/lowfat-cottage-cheese-a-fitman-food/) if you don't have sodium issues.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    If you have a free 30 mins or so (maybe when the little one is napping) crack about 8 eggs into a bowl. Add some milk and mix. Pour into a muffin tin (or cake pan) and than sprinkle veggies into each part (you can add ham, chicken, cheese, etc too) and bake in the oven until set. You can than portion and freeze the "muffins". Pull out of the freezer and microave or pop in the oven for a few minutes. So easy!

^^^^^ This is how I make my eggs too. Works really well. You can make them one day during babies nap time and eat them all week for breakfast.
    You can also scramble a bunch of eggs and cook a few pieces of bacon when you have a minute. Put in the fridge and than put some into a tortilla and microave for a breakfast burrito. So easy as well!

^^^^^ I love this idea. I am so trying this. I love how MFP is always introducing us to new ways of doing something. Thxs
  • melry77
    melry77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love healthy grains cream of wheat, I make it with double liquid so I can drink it with a straw
  • zebragirl25
    Options
    Put your baby in there car seat or something while you cook. You have to give yourself sometime to eat. My breakfast idea I have been eating all week is an english muffin with is 120 calories, then 1/4 cup of egg whites scrambled which is 25 calories. I love strawberry jelly but that is high in calories so I got a strawberry fruit spread and for 1 tablespoon is 30 calories. And it is enough to cover the muffin and there is no difference between that and jelly. I did all of this being a single mom when my son was younger...you have to get creative with your child if you want time for yourself.