Can you add protien power to...

Options
2»

Replies

• dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    In my experience protein powder makes everything much much denser. I use it to replace flour is tons of recipes but whip egg whites with it to counter act or you will have very dense anything. especially pancakes and cookies :D
  • xtravisfx
    xtravisfx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I add chocolate protein powder to my oatmeal every morning along with a cup of fresh blueberries or other fruit. It's awesome! :smile:
  • eknobbe
    eknobbe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! I WOULD LOVE RECIPES!!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Check out this blog: www.proteinpow.com. It's a site dedicated to cooking with all types of protein powder.
  • pamchops58
    pamchops58 Posts: 14
    Options
    bump...:laugh:
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've added it to some recipes but BUMP for all the great PP recipe links.
  • MGT4PBM
    MGT4PBM Posts: 6
    Options
    I like to use a vanilla flavored protein powder. And when I want a chocolate taste I just add unsweetend baking cocao. I like to put it in 0% fat yogurt. I have made brownies with it as well, and it was pretty good. Not real browny good of course, but it was pretty good. I got the recipes from leanbodylifestyle on Youtube.
  • darlingkaya
    Options
    i put it in all the time... the basic thing about protein powder is that you should cook it cause it will clumb, but i find i dont have a problem with that if its mixed with something else in a blender.... HENCE the batter! ;)
  • amoser87
    amoser87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use protein powder in most of my baking now. This is my favourite recipe, it tastes like cake!

Protein Oatmeal Bars

- Nature Egg - Simply Egg Whites, 1/2 cup
    - No Name - Baking Powder, 4 tsp (1g)
    - Quaker Oats - Oatmeal-Dry 100% Whole Grain-Quick 1.5 Minute, 300 grams
    - Safeway - Apple Sauce - Unsweetened (Canada), 1.334 cup (150 mL)
    - Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion - Chocolate Peanut Butter (Corrected 12/2/11) - Protein Powder, 16 Scoop (36g)
    - Silk - True Almond- Unsweetened, 1.5 cup
    - Kraft - All Natural Peanut Butter (Cdn), 150 g (1 Tbsp)
    - Sweetener

Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins. I put mine in a cake pan and then cut it into ten portions, but a muffin pan may be easier.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I had some unflaouvred soy protein powder and I added it to all kinds of things - porridge, muffins, zuccini slice, brownies all come to mind. I just substituted it for some of the flour and they came out fine.