Staying out of the Halloween Candy

Options
Im having so much trouble saying no and staying out of the Halloween candy how can i get myself to say no and remember i want to lose weight not gain it... I love chocolate and sweets and knowing it's in my house i can't seem to control myself... HELP!!! any one else dealing with this too??????????

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Get it out of the house. My daughter and I had an agreement before Halloween- we eat whatever want Halloween night, and then the rest goes out of the house. We've been doing it for a couple of years now. I missed it the next day, but was very glad it was gone.
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    In my town the local dentist collects candy from the children. The kids are given a dollar for every pound of candy they bring in. The dentist then ships all the candy overseas for our soliders. The candy doesn't go to waste & it helps our troops.:smile:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Leave it in the break room at work....throw it away...chuck it at passing motorists...get it out of the house!

I say this because Saturday I had the same problem, and I'm not that big a sweets fan.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Even being a military family my six and nine year old sons would never give up their candy i've asked them to hide it, give it to friends but of course they eat some in front of me and then my boyfriend is no help cause he'll sit on the couch with the kids and munch on candy while watching a movie and next thing i know im grabbing some and wanting more and more... I hate it!!! why can't i just stay away from junk ...
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    In my town the local dentist collects candy from the children. The kids are given a dollar for every pound of candy they bring in. The dentist then ships all the candy overseas for our soliders. The candy doesn't go to waste & it helps our troops.:smile:

wow
    i wish i lived where u live.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    ...because it's addictive, and tastes good. If we could stay away from junk, we wouldn't be here. :tongue:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    BRENDALEE

you are so right!!!!!!!! I've been off my diet all week cause i can't keep my hand out of the candy bag!!! blah
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    My friend said on sunday... ok I'm going home to eat a bunch of candy and then the diet starts tomorrow... she said the same thing monday, haha but then today she turned down cupcakes so shes off... You can do it!!!!

~Leash :heart:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I told my boyfriend and kids to get it away from me so either hide it so good i would never look for it there or throw it away and i asked them for their love and support because im weak when it comes to saying no and i need them to keep me strong cause i really want to reach my goal by jan 1 and sitting on the couch munching on candy won't help me get there at all so starting tomorrow there is no more candy ..
  • patrice27
    Options
    Put it in the trunk of your car and get it out of the house!! I can not have it in the house either, it calls my name:happy:
  • frogtoestoo
    Options
    :laugh: I'm so glad I wasn't the only one dealing with this! I purposely bought candy I thought I could resist. Boy was I wrong! Fortunately we didn't have a lot left over but I did eat enough to make myself sick. The 2-year-old granddaughter didn't have a huge haul and things were back to normal on Monday with not too much harm done.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I love candy --- but won't touch it. I've been looking at it since last week as just a number of calories. Before I saw you had them hide it so the temptation is gone, I was going to say write the calorie count of the packaging of each piece of candy.

Knowing how hard you have to work out to burn 1 piece should help the temptation.