Tinkerbell Half Marathon 2013 - Disneyland

Options
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/tinker-bell-half-marathon/

Anyone registered for this or thinking about doing it? I did the Never Land 5K this past Jan and I was envious of the medal for the 1/2-ers! I really want to give myself something extraordinary to work towards with my running progress and this event looks fun.

Anyone else contemplating this?

Replies

• rebby41
    rebby41 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started half marathon training again, and was looking for a goal race! That looks so fun, and a great trip as well! Let me know if you want a motavational "training buddy"! Not sure if I will get to get down to Disney for the race (in NC) but can train along side you! :-)
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just started half marathon training again, and was looking for a goal race! That looks so fun, and a great trip as well! Let me know if you want a motavational "training buddy"! Not sure if I will get to get down to Disney for the race (in NC) but can train along side you! :-)

That would be awesome, thanks! It'll be my first time training for a half marathon and since I'm a huge Disney fan, I figure this one would be a good one. Plus, it is a LONG time away and gives me plenty of training time!
  • asanirn
    asanirn Posts: 1
    Options
    I did this race last year and it was awesome! Worth your time and money. Disney knows how to do races right. Good Luck! You'll do great.
  • shellsrenee01
    Options
    I did this race last year and it was awesome! Worth your time and money. Disney knows how to do races right. Good Luck! You'll do great.

Thanks! I actually did end up registering yesterday so it is official. I'll be doing my first 1/2 marathon in Jan and I'm so excited!
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Tinkerbell is my fav :) I would love to look into this and possibly do it! I've never ran more than 6 miles, but I would definitely be interested in training for this!
  • shellsrenee01
    Options
    Tinkerbell is my fav :) I would love to look into this and possibly do it! I've never ran more than 6 miles, but I would definitely be interested in training for this!

The farthest I've ever gone is 6 miles as well (a 10K I did in April!) but a 1/2 marathon is on my bucket list and there is plenty of time to train for it. If you sign up and you are local, let me know! We could meet up for training runs.
  • momfit36
    momfit36 Posts: 7
    Options
    I signed up for the 5k and the half. I was only going to do the half, but I am so slow that I wanted to do the 5k so I could get pictures along the route with some characters. And I am planning on doing the princess in Feb so I can get the coast to coast medal!

I haven't done the tinkerbell but I did the princess half a couple of years ago. Disney puts on a nice race, and the environment is super supportive.

If anyone one is looking for a virtual training partner, let me know :)
  • seizethefray
    seizethefray Posts: 109
    Options
    I want to do this so badly! Just found out about it a couple days ago and it's been on my mind ever since. I'm fairly new to running but I started a few months ago thinking I could barely do a half mile and I'm up to 4. Seems nuts to go from 4-13 but I figure I have six months to train. Mind over matter! :) I'd love to join you in preparation for this!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES YES - I mean I didn't KNOW about it until right now but I spazzed out and made my hubby like "what is wrong with you!" I want to do this - my 30th birthday is Jan 19th this would be a GREAT PRESENT! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I will let you know when I officially register - probably not a week or so unless it gets realllly full then I'll charge it...but I'd rather pay cash :) Hubby is contemplating it with me so we still have to decide on that too.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Options
    Screw it - I registered. Couldn't help it...spazzed out.

Team Sprinting Thistles

(YES I know you can't sprint a marathon haha)
  • shellsrenee01
    Options
    I want to do this so badly! Just found out about it a couple days ago and it's been on my mind ever since. I'm fairly new to running but I started a few months ago thinking I could barely do a half mile and I'm up to 4. Seems nuts to go from 4-13 but I figure I have six months to train. Mind over matter! :) I'd love to join you in preparation for this!

Sign up! I'm making the leap too from 3-4 miles a few times a week and building up to this distance! We can totally do it and it will feel amazing afterward! :bigsmile:
  • shellsrenee01
    Options

Team Sprinting Thistles

I'm so excited that you signed up! Did your husband sign up with you as well? My boyfriend said, "A 5K, yes. 13.1 miles, NO WAY!" haha I felt proud that I will do something he doesn't feel he could accomplish.

I love your team name! haha
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Options

Team Sprinting Thistles

I'm so excited that you signed up! Did your husband sign up with you as well? My boyfriend said, "A 5K, yes. 13.1 miles, NO WAY!" haha I felt proud that I will do something he doesn't feel he could accomplish.

I love your team name! haha

Thanks :) Yeah he signed up as well, I made it very very clear he didn't have to do this with me but he's all for it. I'm excited and a bit worried because he's a type 1 diabetic and when we run/exercize we always bring candy. How much candy and juice will we need to bring for 3.5 hrs??? (We bring a lot when we hike but he can't wear a back pack for this lol)

As for the team name - I had to find something that didn't sound too 'girly' to him hehe