healthy breakfasts anyone?

Options
hi there, im trying to cut out bread and cereal from my diet, but i can't think of anything to eat for my breakfast other than eggs and bacon with either tomatoes or beans. has anyone got and delicious recipes or ideas? that would be GREAT! thankyou :)

Replies

• Symphony2
    Symphony2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My favourite breakfast is strawberries/raspberries/tinned fruit (whatever ...) topped with yogurt, a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of mixed nuts and seeds.

A smoothie is also a fantastic breakfast - but remember to throw in a tablespoon of protein powder - it'll set you up for the day and you won't be hungry.
  • amadrigal36
    Options
    I like to do yogurt w/ uncooked oatmeal (steel cut) & any fruit like blueberries, strawberries, etc. Turkey or Canadian bacon for protein. IMHO.
  • suzyluzy
    suzyluzy Posts: 78
    Options
    Instant oatmeal topped with non fat greek yogurt, frozen raspberries, and a few walnuts!

Freestyle variations include other frozen berries that keep well in the freezer (blueberries) or half a fresh banana, some sliced strawberries, or whatever I can find in season! Pumpkin seeds or almonds or natures path granola are more of my favourites! So filling and delicious!

Also if I plan to workout after breakfast I will make a smoothie with a variety of spinach or kale, papaya, celery, carrot, oranges, apples, frozen or fresh fruit, almond milk or yogurt, water or juice, and walnuts for a smooth finish! I drink half before and then half after the workout!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Egg and bacon, or just bacon, sausage, etc etc.

Greek Yoghurt with flaxseed and a few raspberries / strawberries / blueberries
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is a staple at my house. you can buy the kind with the fruit already in it or add you own. I add some granola or cereal though. Just gives it some crunch
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    protein shake banana oats and a drop of honey for workdays, easy peasy

scrambled/poached eggs bit of bacon for the weekends where i can give a bit more care with my cooking
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    What about a fruit smoothie? Or yogurt?
  • MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Turkey Sausage links with Oatmeal. Or Turkey Links and Eggs...with some side of fresh or canned fruit....really it can be whatever YOU like...if you want TUNA, than have TUNA! Remember it is YOUR breakfast...no rules! Enjoy It!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Green monster smoothies with peanut butter .... protein, vitamins and very filling!
  • hippypippy84
    Options
    I've started Slimming World on the Green Option. I have a large bowl of fruit with a WW yogurt on top. I used to have a bacon sarnie (mmmmmm) but am pleasantly supprised and how filling the fruit is.
  • Hollycoleman46
    Options
    I love salads, pho, and grilled seafood for breakfast. You should eat like a king for breakfast eat a good lunch and then eat a small dinner :-)
  • hippypippy84
    Options
    19423719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I love to have a scramble with spinach, broccoli, peppers, onions, and egg whites (sometimes with one whole egg added in). I spice it up with cayenne pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin. It is sooooo good. I'll often have it plain, and sometimes eat it in a low carb whole wheat tortilla (71 calories, 8 g protein, 12 g fiber, 17 carbs). Sometimes I mix in a cut up turkey sausage patty too.
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    my favourite breakfast....
    pancakes!!!

yep.

one banana + one egg + 1 tablespoon of peanut butter = blend in blender...

cook like pancakes! i cook them in a skillet and top with strawberries & blueberries. i have it for breakfast every morning. yummmy tastes just like normal pancakes, which is great for me because i cant have gluten :)

other than that, i have fruit and yoghurt :)
  • earthquick
    earthquick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelet with spinach and feta and maybe turkey bacon