ARRRG how do I survive my period!?!

Options
I'm dying to eat...anything, my lower back is killing me, the period is round the corner! How the hell am I supposed to stay on track when my womb is controlling my body!!

Replies

• xlolitabandita
    Options
    It's terrible, I know! I keep organic dark chocloate squares around...the ones I buy are about 30cals a peice...Sometimes I just exercise more to make sure i have extra calories and just give into the cravings...The exercise helps with cramps, too.
  • msgremmy
    msgremmy Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat. I have to admit, I do appease the uterus. If she's unhappy, we all are. I still end up within my calories, though-- just perhaps not with the best food choices. Remember, it's just a couple days, then things go back to normal.
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Theres a chip shop just down the road and I just wanna run down and eat everything they have on their menu!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Make a chocolate milkshake. 140 calories. 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, about 1/3 cup milk (or more or less depending on desired consistency).
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I need grease!
  • lmnosser
    lmnosser Posts: 43
    Options
    i'm in the same boat! someone brought pizza to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerks.....
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Figure out your cravings and try to get a healty alt.

Nutella on an apple is just enough chocolate and the apple helps you feel more satisfied.

Add some avocado to a turkey sandwich for some creamy texture.

I normally crave salty stuff. :(
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Exercise actually helps with cramps. Since I've started working out I hardly get my usual PMS symptoms. Only cravings, but your body needs the calories and fuel for those days anyway. So have some chips or sweets to satisfy your womb.lol. just watch your portions and continue to workout (if you can) to control your PMS. I hope this helps :smile:
  • shoobz
    shoobz Posts: 119
    Options
    Make bruschetta with olive oil - crispy, oily, low enough in calories that you won't have to starve the next day... It helps my cravings a lot. :)
  • AerithFaremis
    Options
    Usually I'm a chocolate person when I get mine, so I don't know how to advise you if you want greasy foods. I would definitely try to limit yourself somewhat since it can be an unhealthy habit to give in to cravings every month, because if you can cheat for your period, what else can you cheat for? It's a slippery slope... I know they may have healthier options for chips, like baked ones, or those Special K ones etc. so try finding a healthy alternative.
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    A McDonald's hamburger is only 250 calories. A cheesburger is 300, a honey mustard snack wrap (grilled) is 250, and small french fries are 230. Indulge in the little things and get your grease fix this way :p

**Info from the McDonald's website**
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I need grease!

I love grease too during TOMs visit. I love having fried shrimp. But instead of eating all of them in the shrimp basket (like i used to), I have 10 out of the 21 , and give the rest to my little ones to share. And the exercise I do to account for the calories helps with the back pain and cramps. All the water I drink now, helps with the headaches I used to get as well.
  • korinastern
    Options
    I try to eat alot of grapefruit it combats at least some of the water gain and I walk extra hard that helps cramps
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I always want either chips or chocolate, preferrably both. but right now I would kill for twizzlers licorice.:bigsmile:
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I like to eat ice cream alone in front of the TV while I cry.

eating.gif
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I need grease!

Eat a cheeseburger! :-)
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

eating.gif

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

eating.gif

:love:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Give up. You cannot defeat...

ovaries-ironman.gif
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I need grease!

Eat a cheeseburger! :-)