Struggling and Frustrated!!!! Help!!!

Options
I have been dieting since Jan 2012 my SW 201 CW 169 GW 150 and I'm 5'7. The first three months is where I lost most of the weight. I have only lost a total of 10 pounds since April. Everyone told me I hit a plateau and to change up my routine so I've started the 30 day shred (currently on day 15) and I'm doing some cardio (walking/elliptical) 3x's a week. I am eating 1400-1600 I'm not the best at counting calories, I really need to buy a scale! But I was told that I wasn't eating enough, so I increased calories to 1600-1800 and I am gaining weight!! I am to the point that I'm getting discouraged and just confused!! Am I eating to less or to much?? According to the BMI calculator and MFP I need to eat 1200-1400. Oh and since I started the 30 day shred I have only lost 1 inch. I am starting the Nursing Program in August and I really wanted to hit my goal weight before then. Can someone please help me to get rid of these last 19 pounds?????

Replies

• usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I can understand the feeling!

Here is my non-certified recommendation and I've seent his work for me. You may have already heard this so here you go -

Change your workouts
    Eat more
    Take a 2-3 day break from all workouts and let your body rest, then start again thus shocking your body.

I changed my workouts from evening to morning (it was dreadful) but I've lost 1 pants size and 2 pounds in 2 weeks.
    I'm really close to my goal so it's very hard to lose quickly.

I increased my reps, my cardio, and changed the resistance on the machines to get the best burn.

Good luck to you!
  • Abrandnewme36
    Abrandnewme36 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can understand the feeling!

Here is my non-certified recommendation and I've seent his work for me. You may have already heard this so here you go -

Change your workouts
    Eat more
    Take a 2-3 day break from all workouts and let your body rest, then start again thus shocking your body.

I changed my workouts from evening to morning (it was dreadful) but I've lost 1 pants size and 2 pounds in 2 weeks.
    I'm really close to my goal so it's very hard to lose quickly.

I increased my reps, my cardio, and changed the resistance on the machines to get the best burn.

Good luck to you!

I actually just done the changing from evenings to mornings, and I'm struggling a bit because I don't feel like I have the same endurance as I do in the evenings. I hoping I will adjust soon lol. It's not easy to make yourself get up at 5 am to workout lol
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Look at your rate again, now you've lost so it's changed. I don't subscrib to the eat more to weigh less theory. I think there are several things you can do... high calories one day and low the next. Somewhere on here is a post about how to change it up to help confuse your body and make you start losing again. I haven't tried it but it sounded pretty interesting. Change what your eating. Lower your carb intake and raise your protien. But the biggest thing to look at is your BMR again and go from there.
  • Abrandnewme36
    Abrandnewme36 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Look at your rate again, now you've lost so it's changed. I don't subscrib to the eat more to weigh less theory. I think there are several things you can do... high calories one day and low the next. Somewhere on here is a post about how to change it up to help confuse your body and make you start losing again. I haven't tried it but it sounded pretty interesting. Change what your eating. Lower your carb intake and raise your protien. But the biggest thing to look at is your BMR again and go from there.

I checked my BMR and it said 1645, so in order for me to have a 500 deficit I should cut down to 1200....Right?? And I don't agree with the eat more weigh less theory either, it doesn't work for me.