Those first few pounds...

Options
Hi everyone. I'd really like to hear from all you wunder-girls and boys who've already lost a fair bit of weight. I've gradually crept up to 12 stone in the last 18months and need to get at least 23lbs off. Trouble is whilst I have lost a 1lb in a week and a half (big deal!) it seems like a long haul to the end. My question is, how did you get through those first few weeks when you knew that although you were being careful and changing your habits, a couple of days pigging out could see you back to square one. I ask because I had a bad day yesterday after 10 'good' days and feel an utter failure again :(

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. I need to know how to coach myself through these first few pounds of weight loss. It doesn't help that because of my bi-polar problems I can give myself a real beating-up and the nasty voice in my head says 'give up, you won't do it'.

Replies

• benzie314
    benzie314 Posts: 12
    Options
    What I when i first started my weight loss exactly 10 weeks ago today I had started taking the One DB goddess thyro drive combo. I took a supplement to help with my weight loss and see how much I could lose. I have stopped taking it and have lost just as much weight. (I wish that I wouldnt have spent the 80$). The first few weeks are the hardest. Going grocery shopping and getting rid of all your TV dinners and buying basically a new pantry of food. If you dont have the bad food to eat you have to go get it. But I have lost 19 pounds in 10 weeks and what I have learned is that you do not want to lose more than 2 pounds a week because it means that it was just water weight and not fat leaving ( idk if that is right just what i have heard).

DONT GIVE UP. I started going to zumba classes and working out 4-5 times a week. the elliptical is my best friend. It will show take a before picture and before you know it 4 weeks will pass and you will notice pants fitting looser

As for your pigging out everyone does it. Some times you need to shock your body with a bad MEAL not DAY of food. So having some pizza or baked potato wont hurt unless you are doing it alot. Best lesson ive learned : dont reward yourself with food your NOT a dog.